Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • What watch is Richard Hammond wearing on top gear special?
  • KidCragg
    Free Member

Anyone?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

you can’t afford it 😉

RustySpanner

Dunno, but I’ll bet you a tenner it’s powered by wrist movement.

KidCragg
    Free Member

That was quick! Damn right I probably can’t afford it!

bowie278
    Free Member

Hi Kid Cragg
    It’s an Omega Planet Ocean with the rubber orange strap. It’s very similar to the watch that Captain Flashheart mentioned but without trying to make him look like a snob, he’d be more likely wearing an Omega than a Tissot. He’s quite often got luxury timepieces on his wrist and remember reading somewhere that he’s quite the aficionado. All of the Top Gear guys regularly wear nice watches – Rolex, Omega, Tag Heurer etc etc.

Luxury watches and fast cars… we can dream!

Kato

400 quid?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah, because the Omega has a secondary digital display.

Oh, hold on…it doesn’t….

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s all part of the look. Why they have such expensive watches but do tje whole crap cheap jeans and shirts iook ‘m not sure

wolly
    Free Member

I’m sure last week he was using it as a compass, Tisot no?

AlasdairMc

You can do that with any watch though. Just bisect the angle between the 12 and the hour hand to give you a North-South line. Depending on the time and the hemisphere you can determine which way is North.

pjm84
    Free Member

99.9% Tissot. I have one.

marka.
    Free Member

He wears Breitling a lot, but I think a Tissot T-Touch is correct in this case.

Clarkson usually wears an Omega Planet Ocean. May wears Rado, an Omega Railmaster and probably a few other things too.

luffy105
    Free Member

It’s the tissot. I have one too. Minus the garish orange strap though.

The orange is a but ott and they look better in black. Had mine for 8 years now and still looks new, very hard wearing.

The altimeter is shite but the weather forecast and compass are excellent.

bowie278
    Free Member

@CaptainFlashheart, accept my apologies. I haven’t seen the episode in question, I was merely going off your link as I have seen him in the Omega I mentioned in the same colourway previously and thought it may of been that.

Anyway… I’d have either. And I’d also travel around Africa in a battered old estate! Lucky sods!

bowie278
    Free Member

Anyone else spot Clarkson’s Submariner Deepsea in the car for old people episode a couple of weeks back?! Those things are sweeeet.

KidCragg
    Free Member

Pjm84 would you recommend it? I’m looking at the nite mx10 as well anyone got any thoughts or opinions ( lights touch paper…)

bigrich

get a garmin 810 and the wrist strap.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No apology needed, unless I was being overly sarcy, in which case I should apologise!

Klunk
    Free Member
    pjm84
    Free Member

I like mine but then again I like orange! Battery died 2 or 3 days before the 2 year warranty expired and it was refurbished / replaced by “Swatch” FOC.

They also fixed one of the T Touch features. I can’t remember which because I dont use them anymore but it was apparently a common issue with the watch.

bowie278
    Free Member

Not 100%, Klunk but I think it’s one of these I’ve seen him in.

Klunk
    Free Member

boutique, titanium, orange and carbon fibre too stw for RH

beej

I’ve got one, the “Tony Parker Special Edition”. No idea who he is, I just liked it and was in the mood from treating myself after surviving the Haute Route sportive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tony Parker is a basketballist.

pjm84
    Free Member

It is a T-Touch Tissot. Google images – Roger Hammond orange watch.

Kuco

I’ve always liked the T touch ever since seeing Brad Pitt wearing one in Mr & Mrs Smith. But I only wear a watch for work so can’t justify the price of one.

pjm84
    Free Member

Richard! Where did Roger come from!

beej

Tony Parker is a basketballist.

I’m surprised he didn’t want an orange strap too, to match the basketball.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

They all wear some bloody ugly watches

Kevevs
    Free Member

This thread is sooooi stw

Riksbar

Got a t-touch titanium with Tesco vouchers as they usually do a 4 for 1 offer around Christmas. £100-150ish will get you one from Goldsmiths.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Bowie

Anyone else spot Clarkson’s Submariner Deepsea in the car for old people episode a couple of weeks back?! Those things are sweeeet.

I tried one on a couple of years ago as I wanted a sea dweller but they replaced it with the Deepsea; absolutely massive! So nice but I could have worn it round my upper arm and it would have still looked big!! Went for the sub no date instead.

bowie278
    Free Member

@MikerTroid
    Yeah, there’s a guy who comes into my work who has one and its so bloody big and heavy. I have a Breitling Montbrillant Datora which is on the large side, but the Deepsea dwarfs it. Submariners are a lovely piece of kit, next on the watch list is a Sub date.

CountZero

umop3pisdn – Member
    They all wear some bloody ugly watches

No, footballerists wear bloody ugly watches, usually costing the price of a good house or a stupidly expensive sports car, and which are almost impossible to read the time on.
    Still prefer my Seiko, although I’ve actually found a G-Shock that I like, which will be my work watch.

adstick
    Free Member

Why are expensive watches often so massive? I know a few people who are ‘into’ watches and having tried their watches on, they are invariably heavy, uncomfortable and ungainly. I don’t get it.

Edukator
    Free Member

On hearing a French politician saying that if one didn’t own a Rolex by 50 one had failed in life, my first thought was “success is not needing a watch at 50”. I have a Casio for those rare days I need to be somewhere on time which betrays another sign of success, not needing a mobile phone.

CountZero

This is ugly:

Ulysse Nardine Maxi Marine Diver.
    Only £21,260… 😯
    Simplicity is everything:

Although, if I had the £1600 necessary, I’d like one of these:

Again, simplicity is everything, it’s the KISS principle.

The only G-Shock that has got me to actually spend money on it:

Again, the KISS principle.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Count, What model is the first seiko. It’s lovely!

downshep

Loving simple watches here too but why so are many posh watches full of needless dials and other bollocks?

Really like the Swiss Rail style of Mondaine. nice and clear, not too thick, no teasmade, perfect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘What watch is Richard Hammond wearing on top gear special?’ is closed to new replies.