Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What watch for my fiancée?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

My fiancée bought me a watch when we got engaged…. we're getting married in 3 weeks, and I've been thinking of buying her a watch (she doesn't have one at all, and has dropped some hints).

Trouble is, I can't find one that I don't hate.

I wanted to get her one that is quite smart, which would go with dressy clothes, but wouldn't look out of place with smart casual. She really likes brown leather, but she has platinum engagement and wedding rings, so silver coloured would be good too – not gold, she hates gold.

For an idea of our taste, the watch she got me was a Mondaine automatic, white face, stainless steel case and a black leather strap.

Budget probably up to a few hundred pounds, exceptions could be made for something really nice, but not going to spend a fortune.

Any ideas?

Dave

derek_starship
    Free Member

Have a look at the Seiko ladies stuff and the Tissot ladies Carson automatics.

Raymond Weil?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sliver and a brown strap shouldn't be tricky Shirley?

Tried vintage?

tomhughes46

No idea what the lady ones are like but I like mine…

http://www.michelherbelin.co.uk/

derek_starship
    Free Member

This will be perfect for her

😛

london_lady
    Free Member

The mondaine ladies watches are quite nice – I like the square faced ones with a red leather strap – the evo cube or patio design. Yes I know it may look like his'n'hers but the square faced watches should look different enough to a classic mondaine.

alfabus
    Free Member

Thanks for hte links everyone… still not seeing anything which catches my eye.

I think the problem is that i just don't know what she will like. I may have to give up on the surprise idea and just let her choose one herself!

She did try on a mondaine when she bought mine, but it wasn't the smallest one they did, and it looked a bit huge which put her off. She has ridiculously small wrists, so any watch above children's sizing looks huge!

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What watch for my fiancée?’ is closed to new replies.