Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What was your ride like today?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What was your ride like today?

I was riding my old HT as it’s been a bit neglected and I wanted to test the fork after it’s been serviced. It was a grind uphill but it goes like a thundering tank descending narrow grassy rutted lines off Black Down. Riding the FS has really increased my speed, and the HT at the same speeds was frightening and knackering on the thighs as the tail kicked back and slid around – made me grin a lot.

I was very pleased at descending West Twin by Goatchurch Cavern for the first time although I did stop after the water tank due to stalling on the up-slope. All in all the trails were buff and fun.

knottie8
    Free Member

my ride good…only a couple of hours worth but good. Qs BTW

longweight
    Free Member

Leith Hill on a test Dialled Alpine, best day I’ve had on a bike in the Uk!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Incredible. One of my favourite weekends riding.

nukeproof
    Free Member

No riding but a walk on Leith Hill with the family.

Did see a guy on an Alpine with a couple of other guys, one on an Orange iirc…was that you longweight?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Have spent most of the weekend on a cheap hire cycle in Sark – you have to cycle everywhere in Sark. It’s the law

So it was good to get on a proper bike today and burn off some of the calories I’ve put on whilst in Sark – you have to eat and drink well in Sark. It’s the law

Did about 30 miles on the road around Guernsey, nice sea views pretty much everywhere. Very uplifting

devs
    Free Member

2 hours round local woods on Summer Season. Trails fast, hard and deserted. Too dry in places, some of the downhills are like riding in an inch of talc, which makes for interesting slidey corners. Everything clicked, cleaned everything and found my mojo enough to do all the jumps and drops I normally refuse or have to psych myself up for. Was great. Added to Laggan yesterday it’s been a great weekend for riding (and drinking)!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Great ride out at the MBR Coed y Brenin, loved the rock gardens and even the climbs (I must be getting fitter!)
    Lots of nice peeps out today all very sociable and friendly.

Only downside was the drive home, 4 hours in the bank holiday traffic 🙁

iamtheresurrection

A miserable 100 minutes of rain soaked GT Black to mast, Spooky and Pie Run.

I hated every single minute of it today – I should have stayed in Newcastle and gone out on the road bike: the wind was strong, but at least it was dry…

EDIT: And I obviously hate anyone on this thread who saw even a glimmer of blue sky. Erm, ;-), if it makes you happy…

longweight
    Free Member

Nukeproof – it sure was 🙂

nukeproof
    Free Member

Nukeproof – it sure was [:)]

😀 Was a nice day up there apart from the odd rain shower. My wife just mentioned that you guys were very polite as we tried to navigate our kids passed you…thanks.

CheesybeanZ

FOD today ,40k 14 riders 5 hrs 4 offs 1 pub and a great time 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brilliant, couple of hours only with my 12 year old on his birthday and with a mate who was home before heading for London.
    First real outing of the new bike – first real ride of full suspension – oh what have I been missing and disc brakes!! The make you stop!
    Bit concerned my 12 yr old is starting to out climb me, he has lungs like Lance Armstrong.

longweight
    Free Member

It was a beautiful day for a ride but every time we returned to the top it started raining! We had to latch on to some locals to find the really good trails and oh my was it worth it!

paule
    Free Member

Nice ride at Sherwood Pines today. Peeing down with rain all the way there but it stopped just as we got onto the trail… and started again just as we left. Cheers to the Weather Gods for that one!

Trails were a bit filthy in places, but surprisingly dry in others. Didn’t do a lot of miles, as my partner is just starting to ride offroad, but she’s just realised that going faster makes the bumpy bits easier so I’m chuffed on her behalf…

nickc

45 miles round the rock hard Chilterns.

Lovely

vdubber67
    Free Member

3hr Zone 2 road today. Wet, cold and hilly. Recovery wine is making things seem better

Swayndo
    Free Member

Went for a run in Evanton Wood this morning. Managed to rattle up and down Cnoc Fyrish this afternoon. Was under orders in-between. Weather was overcast with the odd touch of light drizzle, but also a teeny bit of blue sky too. Quite windy, but pretty mild.

Came off Metranizadole only this morning (have been on the wagon for a week), but I have cold beer waiting for me watching the footie tomorra night … must get some cheesey poofs from Markies tomorrow.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

25 miles around the Lincolnshire Wolds with the intention of doing 36…lashing down, windy as heck. All the dry summer lube washed off then the sand/grit got to work on my drive 😡 Wish I’d stayed home.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What was your ride like today?’ is closed to new replies.