Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What was your next bike after a Pitch
  • sonofapitch
    Free Member

Was it as good and do you regret getting rid of the pitch?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got a Nicolai Helius CC, far better climber and ground coverer. Not as good descending but it improved my descending skills no end so I’m quicker anyway.

Also much lighter

Bregante

Coincidentally, I sold my Enduro SL (similar to the Pitch) for…………

A Nicolai Helius CC and I loves it!

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s a theme here 😉

nosedive
    Free Member

I decided I wanted a Lyrik and a dropper seatpost on my Pitch, in the end I went for a second hand enduro with both of these on and sold the Pitch. I dont regret it, but I do feel a little gutted that the pitch was maybe a pound lighter than the new bike

godzilla
    Free Member

Sold mine (2010) for a Heckler. No regrets but the Pitch was a good bike and it would be nice to have both now.

Duffer
    Free Member

I decided I wanted a Lyrik and a dropper seatpost on my Pitch, in the end I went for a second hand enduro with both of these on and sold the Pitch. I dont regret it, but I do feel a little gutted that the pitch was maybe a pound lighter than the new bike

Perhaps it was lighter because it didn’t have a Lyrik and Dropper Post! 😉

To be fair, i fancy getting both of these things for my Pitch, too! I’ve always told myself that i’ll only replace things when they break/wear out. My pitch is three years old now, and the only things i’ve changed are the Grips and the Brakes (now XT). Everything else is still stock, even the Tyres!

bol

A Ragley Mmmbop. I rated the Pitch, but it was too much for what I was riding. Had more fun on the Mmmbop, but it too was a bit much. In the tight fast singletrack. Replaced that (and my xc race bike) with a Cotic Soda, which was lovely at everything.

nosedive
    Free Member

the thing I notice about the Enduro is that the bike isn’t quite as long, it seems to get around the tight corners better than the Pitch.

Looking back I remember that Pitch pro’s were on sale at the end of that first year they came out for around £1000. Seems like the bargain of the century now

SBrock
    Free Member

Sold mine (2010) for a Heckler. No regrets but the Pitch was a good bike and it would be nice to have both now.

Same here as well, had an 08 Pro, ran it for a year then got an 08 Heckler, currently on an 11 Butcher with 36s.

All 3 bikes are great but the Butcher is my favourite!

Rosss
    Free Member

Swapped my 08 pro for a 2011 stumpjumper elite. Pleased so far

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What was your next bike after a Pitch’ is closed to new replies.