Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • What was your best ride of 2010?
  • jj55

Looking back over the last year, if you had to pick just one ride that stands out in your memory which would it be?

jj55

Unfortunately I had very little time this year and failed to get out as much as I would have liked, but I think my favorite ride was a little pootle around the Jack Mitton Way in Shropshire on Fathers day with 2 of my lads!

Jammy111
    Free Member

walna scar 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

Apart from the misery of the daily commute – I also haven’t ridden much. A road ride up Clee stands out though…it was an ace day out, first proper road ride on new bike and a few beers. Perfect.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Carn Ban Mor was a highlight for me, great ride, good night wild camping, and Ft William DH World Cup finals the following day. Good times.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nailing La Varda again.

cubemeup
    Free Member

Gap ride for me!

MRanger156
    Free Member

The tour of Ben Nevis stands out but probably not for the best ride I’ve done just for the wilderness factor, ups/downs (mental and physical) and the DH track at the end.

chakaping
    Free Member

Kirroughtree I think.

Great weather, riding with friends and the skills coaching I’d had the day before was working so it all felt effortless. The trail’s not bad either of course.

Or Trekster (of this parish) showing me and the same pals round the Mabie secret trails the day after that. Brilliant steep, loamy fun – and again I felt like I’d really upped my game.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Snowdon solo in the sun.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Loads and loads of good rides. But the solo evening descent of Snowdon is the one I’m most pleased with. It was a gorgeous evening, warm and bright with long shadows. The ride down was fast and scary. Very rewarding.

seosamh77
    Free Member

laggan wolftrax for a few days then over the corrieyarrick pass and down the great glen to fw.

ash

3-day loop around Mont Blanc (a freeridey singletracky version)

bakey

Dyfi Enduro

_tom_
    Free Member

My last FOD uplift was really good apart from the very end where I crashed. Great day though 🙂

For one of those grin-factor progression days, my skills day was awesome.

samuri
    Free Member

Either the Kielder 100 because it was mental, or more likely, my two day tour up to the Lakes and back. I was so happy once I’d got to Cumbria, just pootling along through all these little hamlets and tiny lanes.

I’ll be doing something similar next year but longer.

Blower
    Free Member

over to Champery and back doing some cheeky cheeky 🙂

Sandwich

Down through the Dinorwig slate quarries on a perfect May day.

will
    Free Member

Snowdon or sleepless in the saddle.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

two hours in the snow as it fell in Stanmer park, Brighton. The heavy snow fall made it feel really magical.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

over to Champery and back

That one and the Fred Whitton challenge

legend
    Free Member

discovering Morgins for the first time in ten years and hitting the best (marked) trails in the PDS

Basil

C2C carrying tent stove everthing.Photo at top of Hartside Moor emotional!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Can’t decide between Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix cyclos or SDW. All tough, but all equally satisfying.

carlos
    Free Member

Snowdon.

But I did love all my rides, even the really wet, cold and muddy ones.

singletrackmind

SDWIAD was a standout highlight for 2010.
    Enjoyed the ACU AYTE enduro too , simply for the amount of quality singletrack .

Waderider
    Free Member

Either a three week Glasgow-Oban-Barra-Vatersay-Barra-Erriskay-South Uist-Benbecula-North Uist-Berneray-Harris-Lewis-Skye-Glen Roy bike tour (photo a bivvy on top of An Clisham, with my bike hidden behind a peat hag lower down)

or a week ultra lightweight on the R8 going Fort Bill-Mallaig-Camasunary-Sligachan-Kyle-Ratagan-Great Glen-Glen Roy (photo of Camasunary bay)

For a day ride I’m unsure, best was probably my local trails about the end of April/start of May when it was dry and super fast 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

5am start from home in the white peak, over to ladybower to meet a mate, over Cutgate in the bone dry, cafe stop in langsett, back over to ladybower, left Andrew, back over to hope, and then up to home in the white peak.

46 ace miles BEFORE 12pm 🙂

jj55

i’m starting to get some great idea’s for next year!

crezzy

high street for me ,tried it 15 years ago but didnt manage to complete it due to a rock in the spokes and due to beer dhing and starting a family i hadnt managed to get round to doing it untill this year .managed to do it on a dry windless day it was amazeing to finaly do it

coolhandluke
    Free Member

3 here all stick in my mind.

The MTL in March was great with an overnight in Hebden. 3 unfit chaps made it round in awful weather.

Uplift at Innerleithen was superb. Shame that all but myself and a mate were too tired / injured to do GT the following day.

Week with The White Room and 17,000 vertical meters of descending in 5 days was simply awesome, if that can be classed as 1 ride that is.

pintglass

Did North to South (Dunnet Head to Mull of Galloway) of Scotland during June this year, some simply awesome trails were ridden…

large418
    Free Member

2 fantastic rides this year – the TransCambrian Way in a day, bivvi out in Machynlleth then ride back the road way, and the Kielder100.

Looking forward to more in 2011

Blower
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

Nailing La Varda again.

need to do that trail next year…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Has to be last week’s ride home over Loch Leven.

steveh

I’ve done so much riding this year that it’s hard to remember them all. A few things stick in my mind though…

Taking my dh bike to the top of snowdon and back in the sun.
    A 3 day whistle stop dh bike trip of some german/french alpine resorts in May. 4 vans and lots of road trip fun.
    First run down a new cheeky trail, now in my top 3 peak district trails.
    Last run down another one railing the corners at the top.

In fact I might go do that last one again tomorrow night over the tick of midnight.

Haze

sc-xc – Member
    …A road ride up Clee stands out…

Seconded 🙂

KonaTC

a local with my mate who was recovering from depression, nothing special about the ride but the improvement in his outlook made it my best ride of 2010

sm
    Free Member

The first 30 min ride after a year off following back surgery

fizzer
    Free Member

In May I rode the postman’s path from Tarbert to Rhehigadal on Harris in the early evening sunshine. We’d just sailed across from Skye and saw Dolphins en route. Simply the best.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘What was your best ride of 2010?’ is closed to new replies.