Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What was this then?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Yesterday trundling along the road to Dorchester saw a white Transit Luton van that was emergency service vehicle, No sign writing on it al all but siren blaring and small blue lights flashing in the bumper and on corners of the box. All very cunningly hidden until they were flashing.

No

I know there are cut backs but it is hardly a pursuit vehicle 😆 scene of crimes vehicle?

RustySpanner

Police – couple round here, Mercs and Transits.

You can spot them a mile off, clean, driver and mate dressed in black, no newspaper on the dashboard.
    🙂

Usually parked up outside popular pubs at weekends keeping an eye out for drunk drivers.

Pook

Or in laybys on country roads

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Plod stealth innit 😆

See a few here in Town parked in bus stops and Boris Bike shelters.

wwaswas

Was walking along a street one day when the white transit van parked opposite suddenly opened all it’s doors and a team of armed, armoured up cops leapt out and forced some bloke to the ground with lots of ‘ARMED POLICE’ shouting going on. That had similarly stealthed lights on it.

Sussex Police also have a couple of very stealth armed response cars.

toppers3933
    Free Member

On the M1 one day near to j21 when a white transit with ladders on the roof came flying past with hidden blue lights going and sirens. Was moving pretty quick to be fair.

maccruiskeen

Not stealthy as such but I saw a Luton with full blues and two in Ayrshire – liveried as Ambulance Service but didn’t appear equipped to carry people (Roller shutter and good tail-lift, no windows etc) which was a bit puzzling.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Saw a very STW-like VW T5 tearing along the M8 a couple of weeks ago with blue lights a-flashin.

Assumed it was the Internet grammar and spelling squad racing to an incident involving improper use of the word “stoked”

Hadn’t actually considered that it might have been genuine po-po. 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not stealthy as such but I saw a Luton with full blues and two in Ayrshire – liveried as Ambulance Service but didn’t appear equipped to carry people (Roller shutter and good tail-lift, no windows etc) which was a bit puzzling.

Lot of extremely overweight folks in Ayrshire?
    Might have been the “Shut-in Shuttle”? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Genuine question this..

I thought all Police cars had to be easily recognised by Joe Public?? In that all this stealth stuff sort of gets pushed under the radar and we’re non the wiser, do wonder how legal all this stuff is.
    I mean, should we shift out to the way if it’s hacking at 90+ on the roads when we’re not sure exactly what it is? flashing or not (in some cases)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Genuine question this..

I thought all Police cars had to be easily recognised by Joe Public??

Detective Starsky says yes, Detective Hutchison prefers to keep it a bit more low key. 😀

bellerophon
    Free Member

Genuine question this..

I thought all Police cars had to be easily recognised by Joe Public?? In that all this stealth stuff sort of gets pushed under the radar and we’re non the wiser, do wonder how legal all this stuff is.
    I mean, should we shift out to the way if it’s hacking at 90+ on the roads when we’re not sure exactly what it is? flashing or not (in some cases)

We’ve had unmarked police cars for years, isn’t that the same?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hadn’t actually considered that it might have been genuine po-po.

The use of po-po has reminded me of some graffiti by Milton Keynes station. Someone had scrawled “f*** the popo” but their writing was so poor the last o looked a lot like an e. I did wonder if they had been a catholic choir boy as a child and it was indeed meant to say pope.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, but anyone can buy Blue LED’s off t’internet and fix em’ to a Citroen Saxo can’t they ? Does that make em’ stealth cop cars 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

The use of po-po has reminded me of some graffiti by Milton Keynes station. Someone had scrawled “f*** the popo” but their writing was so poor the last o looked a lot like an e. I did wonder if they had been a catholic choir boy as a child and it was indeed meant to say pope.

In Glasgow, that would NOT have been a spelling mistake. It would have simply read FTP.
    Sad but true. 😥

phiiiiil

Some mornings I pass a truck with blue fairy lights at the back of the cab; people are always pulling off the road out of his way when it’s dark. It’s like the truckers version of those “POLITE” hi-viz vests…

v8ninety

Google ambulance SORT or HART (north and south of the border respectively) NHS ambulance initiative directly government funded to have a proper response to the REALLY big nasty jobs. Bit of a white elephant really; not a great deal of use unless ‘that’ job happens, and of questionable use when it does. An awful lot of money spent to get six chappies in heavier duty PPE to turn up.

scaredypants

Assumed it was the Internet grammar and spelling squad racing to an incident involving improper use of the word “stoked”

the amped response unit ?

maccruiskeen

Google ambulance SORT or HART (north and south of the border respectively) NHS ambulance initiative directly government funded to have a proper response to the REALLY big nasty jobs.

“Special Operations Response Teams (SORT) have been set up in the North, East and West of Scotland to respond to major incidents including Nuclear, Chemical and Radiological ones. These teams have specially equipped vehicles with decontamination equipment on board.”

I kind of wish I hadn’t now as it was heading towards my gaff as I was driving the other way 🙂 I wonder if I left the oven on.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Where/when? May have an inkling on this…

v8ninety

It’s worth noting that in lieu of responding to ‘the big one’, HART/SORT can be often be found assisting normal ambulance crews with their, err, heavier jobs…

CountZero

bikebouy – Member
    Genuine question this..

Are you only just waking up to the fact that the police have been using ordinary unmarked cars for donkeys years?
    If they’re police cars, then they’re legal pretty much by definition.
    And the same goes for plain-clothes or undercover police, are you now going to express surprise that the police have been engaging in underhand, illegal practices by carrying out their duties dressed in a way that doesn’t render them recognisable as police to Joe Public?
    I got pulled over by a black BMW one evening after I overtook a van at around 70mph on an A road, the driver let me off when I explained I was trying to follow the ambulance that was taking my dad to hospital.
    Been like that probably since the police first had cars.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t try and make me out to be a dumb ass CZ, of course I know what undercover police cars are, in this instance they’re Vans.
    Ok?
    Sure?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What was this then?’ is closed to new replies.