• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimmy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • what was the upshot of the Royal Mail shock saga?
  • jimmy

I just boxed my forks up to post – should I avoid using RM?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t risk it Jimmy, My Hermes FTW.

Jamie
    Free Member

Forks should be ok, as no compressed gases/batteries.*

*IANAP

martinhutch

Apart from air forks, of course. Even discharged ones, in the case of the previous thread.

The problem is expecting some numpty in a sorting office to take a realistic view of the risk of an empty air fork rather than just apply the letter of their t&cs and gleefully send it off for auction.

Use someone else, IMO.

philfive
    Free Member

I avoided them for that very reason used myhermes which has a drop off point just up the road from me.

burt
    Free Member

Don’t pay with PayPal gift.
    Don’t use Royal mail!!!
    Two very useful things I’ve learnt from this forum. Both carry the same potential penalty, you could get shafted

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just sent mine with ups via parcels2go after asking specifically about shocks and pointing out it was considered dangerous by royal fail.

I asked the woman in the post office as well. She just said to call the help line. They were no help. It was okay, then I asked for a name or reference in case it was seized and suddenly it wasn’t okay to send. The lady on the phone became very confused when I asked if I could post a party baloon or a bicycle tube as both were capable of carrying a pressurised gas but currently didn’t, just like my air shock. The same shock, I pointed out, that regularly flies with easyjet and it hasn’t blown the plane up yet.

The only other conclusion I could draw is that royal fail are actually trying to go out of business.

Other than that, I have no strong opinion.

Jamie
    Free Member

Apart from air forks, of course. Even discharged ones, in the case of the previous thread.

Good point. Ignore me, OP, I only ever had coil forks 8)

Edit: Apparently you cannot report your own posts, otherwise I would have mine deleted for being bollocks.

Northwind

You can’t report posts for being bollocks, there’d be nothing left in this forum but me being right!

I ended up using an online service that turned out to be Parcelforce anyway, but with different terms and conditions.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Parcelforce is not Royal mail…..

Northwind

Yup, but they have the same prohibition and general “**** you, we’ll do what we want with your stuff” ts and cs.

jimmy

Myhermes it is, thank you.

bigjim

I used myHerpes last week with my forks and all went swimmingly

teasel
    Free Member

myHerpes

And there was me thinking I was alone with that…

jimmy

Yeah so myhermes is easy to use and inexpensive. *like*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘what was the upshot of the Royal Mail shock saga?’ is closed to new replies.