Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What was the name of that online bike shop comparison site?
  • orena45

Might have been someone on here who created it – you type in what bike bits you were looking for and it searched Wiggle, CRC etc for the cheapest price?

Onzadog
    Free Member

tick.

(didn't know about that one)

ruminant
    Free Member

isn't that bikepimp

DezB
    Free Member

I think they stopped updating Bikepimp.
    Taken over by http://www.google.co.uk/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf

(As were most price comparison sites, I guess)

wwaswas

Bike Pimp's still going – he's made a few changes recently too.

It's run 'part time' so progress tends to be limited by his day job.

Andy's a very nice chap, too, which helps 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I'm wrong – Bikepimp is up to date andjust as good as Google.
    Just randomly searched for Mavic Crossride
    Bikepimp
    Google

orena45

Cheers Bikepimp was the one I was thinking off! I do tend to use Google but was wondering if Bp was still any good or no.

brakes
    Free Member

bikepimp used to be better, I don't trust it now to give a full reflection of the market
    sometimes the prices it links to are old or out of stock and the big online retailers are guilty of putting the lowest prices on out of stock items so that you visit their site anyway and the sizes/ items that are in stock are significantly more expensive

Xylene
    Free Member

the big online retailers are guilty of putting the lowest prices on out of stock items so that you visit their site anyway and the sizes/ items that are in stock are significantly more expensive

That pisses me off no end when they do that.

andyt
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just seen this thread. I run BikePimp and it is most definitely up-to-date — every night! Unfortunately the results are limited by the quality of data supplied by the retailers. They do sometimes reduce prices for only one variant of a product, which can lead to frustration. However, I guess the pricing must be automated to some extent, based on age of stock and how much they want to shift it.

The site also picks up bike category auctions from Ebay – it's a much nicer way to find bike kit auctions, especially as there are some filters which weed out the crap.

A key feature of the site (which I use a lot, but no-one else seems to) is the RSS feeds. Any search has an associated RSS feed, so if you use RSS just pop some feeds in your reader and wait for the bargains to come to you. This is particularly good for bits you're not in a hurry for, or if you're looking for something that doesn't crop up very often, or is in high demand.

There's also a weekly email which sends a bunch of bargains the system has found recently.

Obviously BikePimp can't cover every merchant – I try to strike a balance between providing a useful but not overwhelming selection of the most popular sites.

Thanks for using BikePimp – any feedback is much appreciated.

Andy

http://www.bikepimp.co.uk/

andrewh
    Free Member

Quirrel – Member

the big online retailers are guilty of putting the lowest prices on out of stock items so that you visit their site anyway and the sizes/ items that are in stock are significantly more expensive

That pisses me off no end when they do that.

JE James?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What was the name of that online bike shop comparison site?’ is closed to new replies.