Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What was the last film you watched?
  • sunchaser
    Free Member

So, What was the last film you watched & why?

For me it was Ned Kelly… for the simple reason I was flicking through the channels & it was about to start.

Did I like it? well, yes it was ok.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Bugger! that’ll be the wrong forum then 🙁

Damn this new site 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

Wall-E

just because. It was pretty good too, right up until the dialogue started half way through. When it was just robots it was very subtle.

oh, and

Dark Night.

Really good in places, nice to see it really “dark”. Heath Ledger was fantastic. Pity he fried out.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Wall-E, which I thought was beautiful. Went way beyond my expectations, and I know that Pixar usually produce winners. Wall-E was a class above, imo. Best film I’ve seen in a while. It’s actually a fave, already!

aleigh
    Free Member

The Exorcism of Emily Rose on TV – I found it very scary as it was based on a true story and decided to scare myself some more by reading up on the real life person on the internet! 😯

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Bloody Hell! Great minds, eh, Stoner??? 😉

stompy

Crocodile Dundee because I got it for xmas…… and yes, still awesome…. “shoot the dopey bastard”

Classic 😀

bonzodog
    Free Member

I found Apocalypto to be a fantastic film.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

‘death at a funeral’, courtesy of lovefilm. pretty funny too.
    got ‘no country for old men’ to watch later tonight.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Wrestler. It was very good

macmclaren
    Free Member

Just watched The Notebook with the misses.

Think she had left the gas on tho cos my eyes got all waterey. 😯

SlowJohn
    Free Member

watched the reading with the missus the other night kate winslett with her baps out for most the film it was surprisingly good

Oggles
    Free Member

The Notebook. Very good, touching in places, enjoyed it more than I expected. Actually I loved it. I know what you’re talking about macmclaren!

Why? Friend gave it to me in a stack of movies.

sunchaser
    Free Member

Makes mental note to watch ‘the reading’

elJefe
    Free Member

True Stories

A mockumentary about the ficticious town of Virgil, Texas, and their sesquicentennial celebration. Written, directed by, and starring David Byrne (Talking Heads). Also with John Goodman, Spalding Gray, John Ingle, and Swoosie Kurtz. One of my favorite films of all time.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Das Boot, Director’s Cut.

Very good; I was rooting for the Nazis by the end.

Surfr
    Free Member

Changeling. Watched it on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised. Well recommended.

dave_aber
    Free Member

No country for old men – Not bad
    Seven Pounds – Couldn’t get into it. Fell asleep.
    Defiance – Excellent

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans.

Because I quite liked the first two.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Loved “No Country..” as well.

plecostomus
    Free Member

seven pounds, i got lost at first, at the end it made me sad.

Coasting
    Free Member

No Country so uncompromisingly bleak,brilliant.

dave_aber
    Free Member

I might give £7 another go over the weekend. Put the DVD on earlier so I can stay awake!

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Blazing Saddles I have seen it at least 10 times over the years still makes me cry with laughter.

2tyred

Slumdog Millionaire, at the pictures last week. Wanted to see Che part 1, but it was finished at the decent cinemas and only showing at the monster cinemax place. Went, but upon nearing it saw this mahoosive queue and thought forget that, let’s go see whatever’s on at the gft (the decent cinema). And that’s what was on. It was OK, but a bit overdone. Good soundtrack.

Last one I watched at home was In Bruges. Funny.

joe1983
    Free Member

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button – I really enjoyed it even though I felt it never really ‘took off’. Someone had said it was similar to Forest Gump and I found myself thinking of this all the way through the film. Which annoyed me. No attempt to really explain the how or why, but interesting concept, great acting and a bit emotional at the end.

Gran Torino – def. worth a watch. Bit drunk when I watched it so won’t attempt a critique.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Burn after reading.

The Cohen Brothers doing what they do best. Quality.

This weekend I have In Bruges and Taken to watch.

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais

billyboulders
    Free Member

Chopper(last night)
    Riding Giants(this afternoon)

I watched Ned Kelly the other night aswell. It was OK but I’m sure the last stand was really a bit different to the film.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Christy Malry’s Own Double Entry

not cos it sounds like filth (err, though it is a bit saucy in places), but i liked the soundtrack and looked it up on Wiki. And it was absurdly cheap on ebay 🙂

billyboulders
    Free Member

Bugger didn’t see the “and why”
    Chopper ‘cos it’s great, Eric Bana does some great acting in it
    Riding Giants ‘cos you should watch it every now and then!
    Ned Kelly ‘cos it was on telly and my DVD collection is limited 🙂

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I watched ‘Little Children’ (Kate Winslett) – a very good watch indeed – Kate has her noughts out 😈

johnhoo
    Free Member

I Am Legend

alright I suppose. not unlike 28 Days Later.

mudpup
    Free Member

Watching Dark Knight as i type – superb film and, as everyone says, Heath is superb.
    Kite Runner was pretty good too.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Must watch Little Children – How far do I fast forward for the “noughts” 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ned Kelly for me too – was okay, and I do like a good shite western every now and again 😉

Couple of nights before that – Bloodryne courtesy of Lovefilm… man that was crap!

Hodge-Podge
    Free Member

Another one for The Wrestler. Good film.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Nim’s Island, cos the kids were watching it. Pretty rubbish but nice to see jodie foster is still fit. I can’t remember the last adult film I saw, probably something that was on at christmas.

Toy Story is a favourite in our house just now as my three year old has just discovered it and wants it on constantly! Brilliant film, even I run about going ‘to infinity and…..’

firestarter
    Free Member

secret window as it was on tv other night i liked it 😉

watched Apocalypto other week too very good i thought

billyboulders
    Free Member

I can’t remember the last adult film I saw

That comment could be seriously mis-interpreted!

one 9 and one 4 year old daughter myself so a regular toy story watcher, heard a romour of a 3rd instalment coming I dearly hope it’s true!

Recommend Surfs Up for the young uns. Watch riding giants yourself first though to fully get the joke.
    ….And surfs up reminds me I watched K-Pax in the week on DVD-now theres a good film (jeff bridges in both)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What was the last film you watched?’ is closed to new replies.