Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • what was the high point of your day?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just took my new-build for a spin around the urban-rural trails of Hexham. (as urban as it gets round here, its still rural)

Now have large grin. 😀

Separate write-up to follow (its the belt-drive Kona A)

zangolin
    Free Member

Nice dry trails at the FoD this evening – Rollercoaster and Dowies 1 + 2 the highlights.

AlasdairMc

Stumbling across a photoshoot in the Pentlands today, or riding my Enduro for the first time in ages and realising just how much faster I’ve become.

Photoshoot was probably better, but sadly fully clothed…

sheldona
    Free Member

Enjoying Belgian beer with the Belgian Singlespeeders after a ride through the Normandy countryside looking at Britains White cliffs looking back at me.

scaredypants

lovely Danish lady …. tabletops today Flat as a pancake thank you very much sir

All useless without pictures 😉

Overtaking 26ers ridden by kids half my age on my 29er on the singletrack bits at the SPAM Blast.

scuttler

Stop off at Duxford on the way home from East London. Was just walking between the hangers when a Spitfire did a fly past and then came in to land. I know with all the Battle of Britain stuff going on at the moment all flying Spits and Hurricanes are probably hardly on the ground but it still gives makes my hair stand on end seeing AND hearing them.

Bbbbrrrrrrrrrnnnnnoooooommmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyaaawwwwwwww. Or something like that.

brakes
    Free Member

moving up to 2nd place in the STW Fantasy Premier League

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve just rolled in from what promised to be an uninspiring night time tow-path bimble after pretty much six weeks out of the saddle with a bad back..

However.. upon reaching the city center at the halfway point of my ride I was greeted by the welcome sight and sounds of a festival strength reggae DJ.. pumping out the tunes at festival volume.. to a scruffy crowd of about 20 merry folk on an otherwise completely deserted quayside..

very pleasing.. if I had taken a few quid to indulge meself with a few ales this may have been the high point..

making my one year old son howl with laughter all afternoon wins by a long nose though..

simonralli2
    Free Member

Finally finished my dissertation, went out for a pint to celebrate. I dont know what they are adding to the water in Dumfries, but even though it is Sunday, I have had a banging night out down the Hole in the Wall, there seemed to be a lot of female on female bumping and grinding on the dancefloor and I sang Black Eye Peas I got a Feeling on the karaoke 😀

IainGillam
    Free Member

drain – Member
    The top of Catherine Street on the Cobble Wobble

Spot on, Fantastic event loved it. The crowds were just awsome, all the competitors I chatted to were really friendly as well, great atmosphere. Getting to go up twice made it even better.

Iain

Northwind

The nap I had after getting back from glentress. Lovely.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Seeing two friends in the Top 5 in the King Of The Cobbles 😀

spacehopper

Completing my longest ever ride…. from Doncaster to Leeds on the trans-Penine trail.. 48 miles!!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

moving up to 2nd place in the STW Fantasy Premier League

Got any details for this?

mildred

Getting home from work about 5 mins ago, and sitting down with a few can of guiness.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve not had a high point. It’s been crap. Just like the entire week.
    My son did very well in his races at the velodrome, that was quite cool. That’s probably it then.

jedi

for table tops look at mark atkins. for inverts look at zach shaw or jamie bestwick 🙂

benji_allen
    Free Member

Well I’m sick as a dog, and have been curled up in bed all day trying not to empty myself everywhere. I guess the high point’s been not puking on the floor or crapping myself.

Ambrose

Phoning my son for a chat.

user-removed
    Free Member

Laughing out loud at a whippet racing the 12 year old greyhound which I’m looking after for a few weeks. Sheer doggy joy 🙂 He really opened up for the first time since I met him. He’s moved twice in the last six hours though – hope he hasn’t overstretched himself…

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Waking up in the Mojave Desert & arriving in LA later on, ready to ride Aliso Cayon tomorrow…..SWEET! 😀

ononeorange

Seeing my mrs coming down a really steep, filthy muddy descent with a huge grin on her face!

Simon

B.A.Nana – Member
    Finding out there are going to be a whole load of new bike trails built right behind my house

That sounds interesting, any more info? (Or is it just Jason out walking the dog)

Kuco

Forestry show at Cannock and being paid to be their 😀

smiffy

Forestry show at Cannock and being paid to be their “

Be their what?

my highlight was seeing a barn owl take off about 5 metres from me at about 22:00; very fine sight.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Not long been back from the pub, that’ll do. Maybe some DH tomorrow.

Northwind

Mine was pretty pish frankly, but it was very nice the number of people that offered to help me with my motorbike after it broke down, ended up getting a push up the hill from 2 brilliant chav kids who I’d have just dismissed as street scum, they couldn’t have been nicer, turns out I’m a judgemental cock.

The policemen who stopped, not so impressive…
    “Is this your bike sir”
    “Yes”
    “Do you have any documentation to prove this?”
    “No”
    “Any ID on you sir”
    “No”
    “Ah well. Carry on then”
    Seriously, what’s that in aid of?

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘what was the high point of your day?’ is closed to new replies.