• This topic has 94 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rkk01.
Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • What was the first single you ever bought?
  • chipps

First 7in was ‘Start’ by The Jam – though that was preceded by the maxi-single(?) four track 33 1/3 7in of Night Boat to Cairo by Madness. Not too embarrassing there, I reckon.

nick1962
    Free Member

“Schools out” by Alice Cooper(which I’ve still got) and “Rockin Robin” by Michael Jackson.Both bought at the same time for 25p each from my local newsagents “Ex juke box” rack with no middles in 1972.

jimob
    Free Member

Breaking the law by Judas Priest 1980. Those were the day’s ?

wordnumb
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9gOQgfPW4Y[/video]

Bucko

East 17, Stay Another Day. Not proud of it.

Pyro

[video]https://youtu.be/ZF0aHzNtYsk[/video]

voodoo_chile

Lick my love pump by spinal tap

theotherjonv

Another one for ‘Don’t Like Mondays’ – 1979

That was the first I spent my pocket money on, but I had loads before that because my Nan and Grandad had a pub with a jukebox, and when the man changed over records he’d put some aside for the grandchildren to have (although we had to buy our own plastic inserts for the middle). The two that were most played out of the ones I liberated were ‘Way Down’ by the man himself, and ‘Seasons in the Sun’ by Terry Jacks. Not obvious choices for an eight year old……

djc1245
    Free Member

Watching the detectives by Elvis

welshfarmer

Nena, 99 Red Balloons

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ1TQYjCwYc[/video]

And then 16 years later I found myself collecting Nena from a hotel in deepest central Germany to take her to the farm I worked on to do a presentation to some kids who had won a nationwide competition. Of course I asked her to sign my old single that I just happened to have with me in the minibus 🙂

PS like Kylie, she is tiny.

pnik

I normally only admit to the second Antmusic but the shameful truth is captain beaky.

Walked through the woodland singing songs that tell how they had righted wrongs or sumsuch bad.

TooTall
    Free Member

Gangsters by The Specials with The Selecter on the B side.

It happened to be the 1st single released on the 2 Tone label, which makes it extra cool.

integerspin
    Free Member

I was going to say Ride a White swan was first single, but it may have been
    Paranoid, Lola, Black Knight, My Sweet lord, In The Summertime or even Back Street Luv. No I can’t be bothered to look at them and see the dates-I would have
    got them when they were in the charts.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Shut up
    Madness

rkk01
    Free Member

This isn’t going to be a future thread on STW2050…

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What was the first single you ever bought?’ is closed to new replies.