Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • what was the first film to really scare you?
  • hammerite
    Free Member

Blimey first films to scare most of you were horror films!

I used to sh!t it when the following came on TV: Daleks on Dr Who, The Incredible Hulk (when he got angry) and Darth Vader. I wasn’t too keen on the Wicked Witch of the West either.

The first horror films I remember were Nightmare on Elm Street (Jnr seems obsessed with Freddie at the moment for some reason) and Poltergeist. Can’t remember them scaring me.

American Werewolf in London did. As did Ghostwatch.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Another vote for the kid tapping at the window in Salem’s lot. Then the Omen sometime after that.

ononeorange

Jaws as well, or some awful werewolf / zombie horror thing that my brother forced me to watch when he was babysitting me at a very young age and was hugely amused when I was frankly terrified. Didn’t sleep properly again for years and was forever checking outside the windows.

dday

Jacobs Ladder. v disturbing, even now.

hels
    Free Member

Sapphire and Steel for proper scary TV shows.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Jacobs Ladder. v disturbing, even now.

I think that’s the closest I’ve come to walking out of the cinema.

athgray
    Free Member

A Nightmare on Elm Street and Robocop. Both when I was about 12.
    I struggle to watch The Fly even now. Not particularly scary but very disturbing!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Hitchcock’s The Birds. I rode through Bodega Bay the other day, still gives me shivers.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘what was the first film to really scare you?’ is closed to new replies.