Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • What was it like when you met your partner for the very first time?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

The reason i ask is because i met someone recently. She is absolutely beautiful. The moment i met her, i felt like i knew her and conversation flowed like the Danube.

We’ve since been on 3 fantastic dates and have more lined up.

Begs me to ask the question, do you know straight away who the right one is?

Drac

I’m afraid I was very, very, very drunk.

conversation flowed like the Danube.

Blue.

maccruiskeen

conversation flowed like the Danube.

Filthy?

scotroutes

There’s more than one right one. 😆

allthegear
    Free Member

I took a photo of her and kept walking… 🙂

To explain – I was some sort of marshall at Norwich Pride in my fetching tabard and she was with a friend of hers holding up some banner – I liked the banner and took a picture.

It turns out she noticed me! Mind you, as I’d had my hair dyed bright pink the day before that was’t exactly difficult. We didn’t see each other for weeks until we both went to a mutual friends event and recognised each other. I won’t go into more detail… 😉

As it happens, we split up a year ago now but was a good story.

edit – and my hair is now blue.

Rachel

BillMC

We met at a conference wearing almost exactly the same clothes.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m afraid I was very, very, very drunk.

I was very, very, very drunk and had chosen to sit right in the middle of a row of seats in a curry restaurant so I had to ask her to move every 5 mins to hit the traps. Afterwards I phoned up our mutual friend and told her I fancied her pal and it turned out she was in the loo, her pal had answered and I was too drunk to realise.

It’s the stuff Rom Coms are made of.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The moment i met her, i felt like i knew her

Could she be a cousin?

ninfan
    Free Member

what was it like?

martinhutch

We met at a conference wearing almost exactly the same clothes.

andyfla
    Free Member

Met her at my sisters wedding – I knew straight away – well by the second meeting anyway, took her 8 years to realise she couldnt be bothered to find someone else and we should really get married – 10 years last year so far 🙂

zippykona

I’m officially rubbish at chatting ladies up. With Mrs zip though I knew she was the one so had no nervousness and it was as if we had always known each other.

matt_outandabout

I was putting up a tent, in a purple fleece. On the uni front lawn. I caught her eye (cannot possibly think why…) a few devious mates later and we were miraculously stood at the same bar… 😉

SaxonRider

My OH and I liked each other from the outset, but dated other people for a couple of years before finally going out with each other (at her instigation).

Mackem

It was moyder.

Edukator
    Free Member

I vaguely remember a woman in the room wrapped up warm in a heavy black coat, I’m not sure we spoke but Madame says she saw me. The next time she got on a bus and the only free seat was next to me. The fact I had messy peroxide hair may be why she noticed me and no doubt accounted for the free seat. I hope blue doesn’t reflect your mood, Rachel.

scaredypants

1st time I met my wife I thought she was **** bonkers

first impressions, and all that …

martinhutch

Took her climbing at Tremadog (uni fresher’s meet). She didn’t gibber on the slightly bold hand traverse, which meant I could overlook the dodgy perm and shellsuit.

zanelad
    Free Member

I too was drunk. Her sister had been giving me the eye all evening. By the time I’d plucked up the courage to ask her for a dance, we were at a new years eve party, the sister was nowhere to be seen.

I actually asked a pile of coats if they wanted to dance. As I said, I was drunk and the lights were low.

A timid voice said “do you mean me”. I replied that if you’re between 6 and 60 (luckily, this was long before Operation Yewtree as she was 16) then yes.

We danced (I really must’ve been pissed). We met again a week later and I realised that I rather fancied her. Still do some 37 years later. For some inexplicable reason she fancied me, which helped.

Junkyard
    Free Member

She looked nothing like the internet pictures 😉

aP
    Free Member

It was moider…

Stoner
    Free Member

The first time we “met” I had no idea. Apparently I was lying on the halfway line of Brent Cross hockey pitch with a cigarette between my lips, a can of redbull in my fist and a v hungover expression. It was 9am on a Saturday, and it was the first of 3 games I had to umpire that day before playing in goal for the 1st XI.

6 wks later, I was at the club bar, stone-cold sober in spite of some serious effort to get hammered at our club annual dinner and she slid over to thank me for umpiring over the season. After several hours lost in conversation, the bar was shutting, and we made our way out together.

St Patrick’s day, 2000. Best. Night. Ever.

breadcrumb

I had just gone into the 2nd bar on a night out so was still sober, and some little cute blond thing started chatting to me. I was too sober at that point to charm her, but bumped into her again later on and got her number before randomly smashing a glass at her feet! I had to walk away at that point.

Text a couple of days later, that was nearly ten years ago.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I was hungry and she had chips … the rest is history

Drac

Text a couple of days later, that was nearly ten years ago.

You can probably give up waiting for a reply then.

Sandwich

She was very, very drunk at a Freshers do in Salford. Pints of cider had been consumed at a high rate. Coming from an Ulster family where drinking in the home was frowned upon she had no tolerance. 2 weeks later we were dating and sharing a room in halls. Apparently I was ‘very English’ with a poor taste in clothing. Stockholm syndrome did the rest 🙂
    (Not really she is fantastic and I’m batting above my league).

RustySpanner

Pissed as a fart, propping up the bar of The Beer House in Manchester.
    She came in with her mates from the climbing club.

Gave her my phone number, she turned up for our first date and then refused to leave.

10 years this year.
    I’d be out now….

66deg
    Free Member

which meant I could overlook the dodgy perm and shellsuit.

allthegear
    Free Member

Edukator

hope blue doesn’t reflect your mood, Rachel.

Far from it – im a very happy camper at the moment. Hey, I have blue hair, how can I *not* be happy?? 🙂

Rachel

binners

Ro5ey – that’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard. Sharing her chips? True love truly has no boundaries!

allthegear
    Free Member

I would have to *really* fancy someone to share my chips…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bit like this…

ourmaninthenorth

There are three first meetings:

First – she doesn;t remember 🙄
    First week of 1st year at university at lunchtime in the college dining room. Chap in the room opposite mine introduced me. She was wearing a Newcastle United jersey and chattering away at high speed about organising a petition for extra showers in her block.

Second – the official version
    Just off to hockey training and I passed through the room of one a friend of the lad next door to me. She was sitting on his bed. I was struck how pretty she was. Didn’t really speak much and I legged it to training.

Third – the first proper meeting
    College bar after formal dinner (so everyone’s dressed in suits and gowns), everyone smashed. Got the tip off from the lad in whose room we’d met for the second time that she was keen. I noticed she was wearing a long belt, which I rather forwardly took hold of and drew her towards me. Amazingly she didn’t wallop me…. Next morning we heard the fire alarm from her block and she wasn’t there for a roll call….

19 years on and she still hasn’t stopped ranting away….

ElShalimo

A very sunny November day, about 14°C.
    No thunderbolts, no lightning, no theme music, no angels or Cupid or any of that stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was wandering through the streets of the city. Rambling through the the avenues of time, when from nowhere my eyes fell onto a girl. And by chance her eyes fell onto mine.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The OP sounds like when I met my ex. Just saying like.

Pissed as a fart, propping up the bar of The Beer House in Manchester.
    She came in with her mates from the climbing club.

Gave her my phone number, she turned up for our first date and then refused to leave.

10 years this year.
    I’d be out now….

Hmmm…depends. You might be Cat D. 😉

shifter
    Free Member

I asked for beer, she brought me beer and I gave her money. She doesn’t work in my local any more but the process is still the same.

Bregante

It was the early hours of the morning and I found her rolling around on the floor in the street with another bloke.

MoreCashThanDash

We first “met” at the briefing for a charity walk up Ben Nevis. I was sat in front of a group of women and one of them was a right gobby/bossy sounding mare.

My mate and I then ended up sat behind her and her mate on the bus from Peterborough to Ben Nevis. She was actually OK to talk to. Had dinner at the hotel as a group, did the walk together – at which point I discovered that she had cerebral palsy – and spent 13 hours on the coach the next day back to Peterborough. By which time our legs had completely ceased up and we couldn’t walk, but we went o the cinema later that week. But it wasn’t a date, apparently, as she would have to wear a dress if it was date. 🙄

That was it really. Boy met girl. Boy moved 180 miles away a month later, 18 months later girl moves 4000 miles away to the edge of Siberia….

20 years since we met, married for 13, two kids. She is still a gobby/bossy mare at times, but she is MY gobby/bossy mare.

lunge

Picture House night club in Stourbridge. Both hammered, she approached me as I was the tallest fella in the club, a drunken snog and an exchange of numbers. We had to meet outside the bar for our first date as neither could remember what the other looked like.

That was 12 years ago, we got married 2 ago. She’s amazing, a perfect foil to me, we make a great team. She’s also fit as and I’m punching way above my weight.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘What was it like when you met your partner for the very first time?’ is closed to new replies.