Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What was going on in my local woods on Friday night?
  • StirlingCrispin

Friday night – about 9pm.
    Walking out of the local woods and then down the road to the car park.

Maybe twenty to thirty adults, black males and females, were dressed in white wraps and white head scarves. The men were walking barefoot with staffs, some appeared to have their eyes bandaged. One of the men had a sleeping child on his shoulder. The women were carrying empty bottles of water, dropping them accidentally as they walked.

They had been up at the viewpoint, which faces west. We found some discarded child's clothing (sized for 8-10yr olds) and lots of discarded bottle tops.

One of the men apologised for holding us up, but we forgot to ask what they were up to. We also heard him apologising to his colleague that he'd had to stop and put his shoes back on.

Any ideas?
    Hope not to see them too often as they left a fair amount of litter behind.

binners

freemasons outing?

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm white wraps and white headscarves… you ought to be careful they could have taken you away to the 'funny farm' either that or they were advertising their new 'laundry dry cleaning door to door' servives….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

well, the water might be related to a baptism but other than that, no idea.

Jamie
    Free Member

More to the point why are you walking about in the woods on a Friday night eh? 😉

andywarner
    Free Member

there's witchcraft afoot!

bullheart
    Free Member

Sounds like ritual sacrifice to me. Any dead animals nailed to trees?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Down at Ainsdale beach there used to be a bunch of people who appeared to be non-caucasian (no idea what exactly, I was kitesurfing and didn't have time to stop and ask). They all came in white robes and walked into the sea (westward also), performed some ceremony and walked back out again. All very odd to watch, but harmless.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aye, sounds like a baptism to me.

The discarded clothing sounds like a bit of a concern, however.

Bottle tops = Littering!

DT78
    Free Member

Wow sounds a bit disturbing to me!

One hungover saturday ride I happened to come across a group of guys roleplaying, fully dressed up in armour, shields, wizards hats, staffs, pointy ears – the full works.

I was so surprised I nearly fell off my bike, found the whole thing quite amusing till I realised they also had swords and we're looking very unimpressed with me….

hora
    Free Member

Its a Baptism. African Christians wont just stand inside warm churches, they will live their religion as much as possible 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

At Wentwood a few years back was confronted by a bunch of people reinacting some WW2 battle, people dressed as G.I's driving Willys jeeps was pretty odd untill we ran into some guys dressed as SS troops, they all had guns etc. They ignored us competley but couldnt ignore Lady the dog that tried to make friends with all of them. All a bit surreal.

hora
    Free Member

I'd definitely participate in a Roman orgy reenactment 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One hungover saturday ride I happened to come across a group of guys roleplaying, fully dressed up in armour, shields, wizards hats, staffs, pointy ears – the full works.

I've seen similar in the Surrey Hills. Including people dressed as Orcs.

user-removed
    Free Member

Many years ago me and a pal were surprised to find a goat's head in the woods near Banchory-Devenick, just outside Aberdeen. It was right next to a Cenetaph (pointy obelisk thingy).

Back then, this monument was right in the middle of a deep, dark, silent, conifer forest so we were pretty freaked out….

Mate's aunty who lives nearby fed us drop scones and told us about the local, very active coven – scary sh1t!

Jamie
    Free Member

One hungover saturday ride I happened to come across a group of guys roleplaying,

Was it these guys?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What was going on in my local woods on Friday night?’ is closed to new replies.