Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Walkie Talkies?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I want to buy a set of wlakie talkies for my lad as a present. He’s only 4 but is soon to be a big brother and he’s disapointed the baby monitors don’t work both ways, hence walke talkies.

Thinking of the Binatone Latitude 150. Anybody any experience with them, or suggest an alternative?

CountZero

Maplin do a range, but I don’t know how they shape up efficiency-wise.

Bregante

My 8 yr old has some binatone ones that are similar to those you’ve pictured ir_bandito. Not sure if they’re identical but they have a fantastic range on them in open areas (a couple of miles at least) goes down to About half a mile in built up areas (not that you will let your 4 yr old wander half a mile away from you). My daughter often lends one to her friend down the street so they can chat to each other.

AlexSimon

We bought these as a christmas present. They’re great, but I don’t have anything to compare them with.
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/fxquechua-100-id_8057975.html

(perhaps only applies if you’ve got a Decathlon within reach)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cheers.
    Just discoverd the next model down (Latitude 100) are bright yellow, and half the price. They don’t come with a docking station, so where’s best for rechargeable aaa batteries?

CountZero

You’re probably better off just buying AAA’s in bulk from someone off the interwebz, rechargables don’t seem to last very long, and charged ones always seem to have lost charge by the time you need them.
    Given up on them now, PITA. 😀

jarvo
    Free Member

In regards to rechargeable batteries … I can highly recommend Sanyo Eneloop batteries. They are super rechargeable ones, that even if unused will retain their charge for an extended period. Normally rechargeable’s degrade over time.

PTR
    Free Member

Don’t get hung up on longer range being better, you just get more unwanted traffic, and how far away from each other are you really going to be?

AlexSimon

Another recommendation for Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeables. We’ve replaced every AA and AAA battery in the house with either these or Ansmann. Brilliant.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/batteries-and-power/batteries/sanyo-eneloop-rechargeable-aa-hr6-mn1500-nimh-batteries-2000mah-pack-of-4?brand=243&cl=155

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Walkie Talkies?’ is closed to new replies.