Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What van insurance?
  • Clink

Current insurer no longer providing personal cover. Drive a Vauxhall Vivaro 6 seat combi – all quotes so far presume business use which makes it more expensive!

Any recommendations?

redted
    Free Member

Herts insurance/Adrian Flux. I’m paying around £400 fully comp for a modded T4, private use only, ungaraged but on a driveway. Never made a claim yet, but I had the same problem(s) as you, obviously it’s a legal requirement to have cover but struggled like **** to find anybody to even quote me. Good luck fella.

Clink

Cheers – will try them.

steveh

Try NFU direct, give them a call though you can’t do it online. They do private policies for vans. Also try co operative who do the same. I know some people who’ve had good results with directline as well.

singletracksurfer

my insurance came down massively when I said it was for commercial use, not private. Doesn’t make any sense, but it’s true I tell’ya.

unclejimmy
    Free Member

I insure my VW t4 though CIS insurance (co-op), it’s insured as a private light good vehicle, not commercial, i pay £34 a month on my direct debit for fully comp. ive never made a claim but the breakdown cover that comes with it is tiptop.

oxym0r0n

Brentacre was the best value for me – here’s my list for next time:

Adrian Flux
    0800 369 8590

Insurancefactory.co.uk
    0800 112 4887

Brentacre
    01792 2650933

Herts Insurance (HIC)
    0844 888 4 888

Direct Line

Tiger.co.uk

Footman James
    0843 3571276

Graham Sykes Insurance
    01395 255100

PS I found I kept getting linked around and back to the same place again through call connections 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Privilage for me with our T5, cheaper than the car to insure!

a11y

We’re with Safeguard for our T5, although it’s a camper conversion and not sure to what extent they cover vans for personal use.

We had issues finding an insurer for our van for personal use – they all assumed commercial use and the premiems reflected that. Our premium now is 2/3 of what we paid when it was just a panel van, despite the insured value near enough tripling.

Del

direct line for me. assumed commercial use AND sd&p. <300 fc.

Clink

Cheers again – been out but will start phoning around! 😀

coatesy
    Free Member

Used to be with CIS, Churchill virtually halved my bill. Van’s insured for private use, but can use it for work as long as i’m not connected with the motor trade.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

fully comp, no claims protection and an excess of £250 i have been using this broker recommended to me through the van lease company i have my van with, all for approx £375

http://www.aplan.co.uk/

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have the LWB vivaro Chucrhill last two years way better than aviva who i had been with for a few years.

porter_jamie

adrian flux with my modded T4. about 400 odd quid with 3 named drivers, of which one has a load of points and a crash

Clink

Went with Churchill in the end – cheers guys! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What van insurance?’ is closed to new replies.