Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what used frame/forks would you buy if you had £950 to spend
  • renton
    Free Member

AS title really.

Im pretty much set on somthing but i just thought i would ask here for peoples opinions.

riding conditions are the chilterns if anyone knows them and occasionally afan, cannock etc.

hardtail or full suss ??

for a 17 stone fatty too

reasons why

Bregante

5 spot? 😉

Probably a heckler and some pikes/revs

renton
    Free Member

see the basic heckler comes with just a normal rear shock s wouldnt it bob like mad??

carbon337
    Free Member

Cotic BFe or maybe a soul with a rockshox sektor

renton
    Free Member

oh see i was tempted by the bfe as i can get a discount on a new frame but wasnt sure how it would be as my only bike??

Bregante

Plenty of people who went for them at £899 would have taken the option to go for the rp23 upgrade that stif/jungle were offering (frames £1099 now with the float r). Fairly sure the float r is still a “platform” shock however because when I demoed one round llandegla bog standard spec a few years back it was ace. Always regretted not buying it but got a better offer on an Enduro SL.

renton
    Free Member

what ever i buy next ive got to stick with as the wife is threatening to divorce me as ive had so many bikes over the past few months.

really wanted to get on with the 5 spot but it was just to short in the top tube and i felt cramped!! it rode fantastic though .

Bregante

really wanted to get on with the 5 spot but it was just to short in the top tube and i felt cramped!! it rode fantastic though .

Heckler’s pretty short too tbh. Large was just about big enough for me (6’1)

rob2
    Free Member

Chumba hx1 and revs and pocket about 300 in change.

I ride Chilterns (Cholsey) and took my chumba to hx1 to Cannock and it was ace

(I don’t work for si 😉 )

renton
    Free Member

sod it made my mind up im going to stick with the fuel ex ive been after.

Leku
    Free Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what used frame/forks would you buy if you had £950 to spend’ is closed to new replies.