Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Upright Vacum Cleaner For Dog Hair
  • grantway
    Free Member

Ok I need a new up right vacum cleaner for Dog Hair
    It must have a bag has have had Dyson and to be honest
    fed up being covered in dust whilst emptying the dust
    in the wheellie bin.
    Cost not a problem but one that works.

thwang-01
    Free Member

we use a vacs 1700 turbo best vac weve owned and we have 2 some times 3 dogs in the house. they are a bit heavy

grantway
    Free Member

Will Take a look tomorrow thwang
    Cheers

uplink
    Free Member

Sebo is what you need – not cheap though

http://www.sebo.co.uk/

PeteG55
    Free Member

Any particular reason its got to be an upright? Only asking as we've just got a Miele Cat'n'dog. 2200w and lifts everything, and its the quietest hoover I've ever used. Bulletproof reliability too, comes top in the Which tests.

jd-boy
    Free Member

I got one called an Electrolux Viteesse pet lover (honest) 1800 watt upright, unfortunately it is a bag free job, but you dont get all dusty when you empty it out. its got a performance window!!! and attachments to get the spiderwebs etc. its better that the piece of crap Dyson it replaces at a 1/3 of the cost.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Get a Hetty!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

If you really want the best, then a kirkby is what you need.
    Without question, the best vac in the world.

Crivvens
    Free Member

Dyson "Animal" – brilliant. Specially for animal hair. Got 1 dog – sheds everywhere, and two cats – one's a longhair Maine Coon so house gets covered and anyone visiting. The Dyson is the only cleaner we've tried that actually works. Comes in an upright, cylinder and handheld. We've got the cylinder DC19T2. Also guaranteed for something like 5 years!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I had a Kirby once. Foolishly paid over a grand for a G5 about 1997. I had more money than sense back then. Yes they are very powerful and great vacs, but have you tried getting one up a stairs? They are the weight of a small car.

Great for bungalows, not much else.

Mugboo

Did a bit of research on this and Sebo came out tops for an upright with Henry a close second if you can cope with him following you. Personally i like to talk to him, he always looks happy..

woffle
    Free Member

Sebo user here – the X something-or-other. Fantastic bit of kit…

grantway
    Free Member

Thank you for your advice, the reason for upright being Mrs does'nt
    like pulling the thing along, Not a problem with me.
    I have seen the Mielle S7260 Cats & Dogs for £ 249.00p

Very intrested in the Sebo as there is a video of this on Buyers & Sellers
    web site £ 220-247 choice of three vacum cleaners
    (whats the best of the three)

With the Sebo do you clean pet hair with the brush attached or do you use
    an attachement.
    Also regarding the Sebo it only has a 1300 watt motor ?

For cheap vacum bags try these vacuumcleanerbags.co.uk

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Another vote for the Miele Cat n Dog, best vacum I've ever used, upright or other. They also do an uproght version now, but having seen in store its very compared to the drag along variety…

stumpy01

We bought a Samsung something or another at the tail end of last yr for £120 from Argos. It's an upright & comes with a brush attachment thing for the hose, to do the stairs.

First time we did the house with it, it virtually filled the canister in one go with cat hair. The previous cleaner, just seemed to avoid most types of dirt actually, so the carpets came up looking great.

Admittedly it doesn't have a bag, but the can thing comes out really easily & unlike the Dyson doesn't leave you in a cloud of dust as you attempt to empty it.
    Can't recommend it enough; only complaints would be that ours is a very 'old folks home' light blue and a couple of weeks after we bought it they released a much better colour – and Sainbury's were doing it for £60 about 4 weeks after we got it…..but that sums up my luck with things like that…..

z1ppy

PeteG55 – Member
    Any particular reason its got to be an upright? Only asking as we've just got a Miele Cat'n'dog. 2200w and lifts everything, and its the quietest hoover I've ever used. Bulletproof reliability too, comes top in the Which tests

As per Pete & FD comment, ace vaccum (replaced an old and very good upright dyson) ours has survived a year of 1 dog & 3 cats, a horsyist and a mtb-er, so we can't recommend it enough. Don't bother with the Miele upright, as I tried to pick one up in a store and almost pulled something, damned heavy.

grantway
    Free Member

Zippy LOL just got back from Comet Mrs nearly done the
    same has you and said she would'nt be able to take it up
    the stairs.
    So went for the Mielle S5000 pull along
    This is £ 199.99p But pulled of a £10 pound voucher off the net

Just put it together and we have a Golden Retriver and sucked
    up three days of hair from the dog,cleaned it up in minutes.
    Brilliant PeteG55/FunkyDunc/Z1ppy

Thank you all for the input you have given

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Upright Vacum Cleaner For Dog Hair’ is closed to new replies.