Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What UK Time is Jensie Doing The Hour?
  • RustyMac

@ ac282 it is to do with the change in UCI rules. see the velonews link on page 1

ac282

Boardman rode on a fairly conventional (cormia?) pursuit bike in 93. I’d be very surprised if it gave him an advantage over a speed concept

yunki
    Free Member

Is it only me that thinks referring to the fella as ‘Jensie’ is more than a tad bent? Or is it an established nickname..?

Northwind

llama – Member

Shame he’s not likely to have it for long

I quite like that about the hour though, it never seems that much about who’s got the record right now, just having been a holder remains a big deal.

brakes
    Free Member

Boardman 96

Boardman 93

mefty
    Free Member

Boardman rode on a fairly conventional (cormia?) pursuit bike in 93. I’d be very surprised if it gave him an advantage over a speed concept

The smaller front wheel is the problem like Rominger.

aracer
    Free Member

The smaller front wheel is the problem like Rominger.

I’m fairly sure the Corima had a full size front wheel. It’s quite clearly illegal under current rules due to the non-straight tubes though. As suggested above almost certainly no more aero than current legal frames, hence not beating Boardman ’93 could be seen as a failure (mind you Indurain and Rominger almost certainly had no advantage over a current legal track bike with their bikes – just pharmacological advantages).

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well that was surprisingly close today by Brändle.

I wonder if there will be a bit of a flurry to take it on properly now?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What UK Time is Jensie Doing The Hour?’ is closed to new replies.