Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Tyres should I buy?
  • zingrock
    Free Member

Getting further into winter and the trails are really bogging up, my specialized fastracks just aren’t up to the job so I’m looking for something a bit more rugged which can handle the mud but is still useful on roads. Advice please guys!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What size?

Ok on road usualy means useless in mud.

I’ve got Spesh Purgatory’s on my 29er, but tempted by some hans dampf’s from bike-discount for £50/pair.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Continental Barons as big as you can fit. Black chilli version if you dont mind the price. Roll fine on road. Stick like glue on wet rooty stuff. Just as good in the dry. I followed the recommendation of Ed Oxley on these.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Large volume lower pressure
    Continuous edge knobs that don’t bend over easily when you thumb them
    Widely spaced square edge centre knobs, to shed mud

Will be terrible noisy and squirrelly on tarmac, but still faster than “glue compound” tyres

Northwind

Barons are a fantastic tyre but tbh if you’re used to Fasttraks, that’s a massive change- I’d be suspecting something more XC would suit.

For myself, I don’t think there’s a better winter tyre than the Baron, but then I wouldn’t consider Fasttraks for anything but xc racing so.

zelak999
    Free Member

High roller 2.35’s are good for all year round use. 60a compound is nice and grippy but not too slow rolling like the 42a.

Markie
    Free Member

On-One Smorgasbords? I’m putting them forward based solely on internet chatter with no real world experience whatsoever…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Tyres should I buy?’ is closed to new replies.