Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What tyres (Passat content)
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Has anyone got any views on the major tyre manufacturers of car tyres? I currently have a set of Dunlop on there at the moment but it looks like all the big names make a tyre to fit (195/65/V15) for around the same price. I would like something that gives a decent wear life and still offers a decent level of grip. Any thoughts?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I didn't like dunlops I owned, but they were older. I'm currently using rainsports and ive a fair length of use of them and the rallye offerings from uniroyal – both seem to have amazing wet weather grip and last a decent amount of time. Usually a quid or two more pricey per tyre, but well worth it. There's a thread not long back with more info.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I found the Dunlops on my Passat nothing short of lethal in anything but a straight line. I have just tried Hankook and Cooper. Hankook distinctly average carcass and the Coopers whilst reasonable grip when new, now they are three quarters worn grip has gone off (as did the wheel balance) so its back to the Michelins that I had used since I bought the car-relaiable grip in all conditions, constant wear rate and good shoulder life and they are value for money-you gets what you pay for.

luke
    Free Member

mich energy savers

grahamt1980

energy savers for me too. Got them on my toledo. Very good tyres all round. Kept me on the road when we had all the ice too

nickhart
    Free Member

vredestein ultrac or sportrac. they wear well and are amazing on welsh mountain roads. shed water like quicker than an endura jacket….. they're on my touran and i bought them specifically for the trip to wales which we do about four or five times a year. very little motorway mileage, but great around sheffield commuting and around the peaks pratting about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What tyres (Passat content)’ is closed to new replies.