Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What tyres for…..Torino Nice
  • mugsys_m8

Hello,

I am starting to think about the up-coming Torino Nice.

I am after some 700c tyres, probably 35mm that will be good on classic alpine cols and on rocky military roads. I have some land cruisers for 3 peaks cx duty but am thinking I might dare to go with something lighter. Any ideas?

Been looking at sammy slicks or Conti’d cyclocross speed but am a bit put off about puncture stories. I will likely be running them on Alpha 340 rims with 32 3 cross spoke pattern….(money is tight and whilst I would like to buy some new cross wheels I will use my best road wheelset: they should be strong enough shouldn’t they??…..

Will be riding my Planet X Uncle John.

aP
    Free Member

I’d probably look at either the Clement X’plor MSO or USH tyres. Either 35 or 40mm.

mugsys_m8

Thanks ap. Did I read somewhere you were doing it? Still doing some work for sw err I mean URS err I mean acorn or whatever they are called?

aP
    Free Member

Hi there, no we’re not doing it, does look good though – we rode Tuscany Trail in June instead…
    Am still doing a bit with those people 😉 How about you?

richardthird

2 of our group of 4 will be on non-TCS Nano Race (40c) run tubeless. Another on G-Ones.

mugsys_m8

Edited for double postage faux pas

benp1

See the thread on the bearbonesforum, lots of info there

There’s a fair bit of road I think, so something like Nanos or tyhe X’Plors would be great

Dyffers
    Free Member

I was going with 40mm WTB Nanos in the CX bike, but now it looks like I’m not going unfortunately.

mugsys_m8

Thanks all. I also have a Surly Ogre but decided to plump for the cyclo cross due to the road sections. However it is tempting to put some gears on the ogre and take that. Hmmmmmm. … Mrs Must will be taking her ogre.

mugsys_m8

Anyone have any thoughts on whether the above tyres will fit on alpha 340 rims ok?
    Not sure about going tubeless….

richardthird

Stans ‘no tubes’ Alpha are built for it surely! Avoid official tubeless tyres though as tubeless tyres on tubeless ready Stans rims = a world of tight fitting pain.

mugsys_m8

Was more thinking about the size: 40mm tyres tyre on a lightweight road rim?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for…..Torino Nice’ is closed to new replies.