Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What tyres for… Wales and near-Wales
  • Northwind

Righto, off for a week of trailcentre bashing in s wales… On the bike are a pair of 29er DHRs, 3C on the front, normal on the bike. Good allrounders. Leave ’em on?

Doing:
    Flyup 417 (because FOD uplift is full)
    FOD without the uplift
    BPW
    Afans for miles
    Maybe a little Brechfa

Also in the garage are a shorty, a minion SS and a minion 2.5. It’d be nice to have more tyre for the uplifts, but not sure I fancy dragging the shorty or minion around the trailcentre laps. Obviously a lot of this stuff is surfaced, bpw can be squishy, will probably do some pushup dh at fod, no idea what 417 is like. Tell me what to think o forum!

Last time we were at fod it was a dustbowl, I gather it isn’t always 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Use some all round ones

molgrips
    Free Member

You won’t be short of grip. Doesn’t much matter what you’ve got on as long as it’s not semi slick or a mud tyre.

cookeaa

Wales specific tyre? Hmmm.

Anything but a ‘Continental’ or they’ll vote you off the trail… After you’ve paid of course.

(sorry couldn’t resist)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Conti Vert Pros.

stevied
    Free Member

no idea what 417 is like. Tell me what to think o forum!

If it was me I’d stick with a DHR on the front and put the SS on the back. The only time the SS struggles is in upright braking, the side knobs work great on anything slightly leaned over.
    417 was OK, it’s still work in progress and will be great as more tracks are added. The blue is pretty dull with too many slow berms which make it quite hard work to get down. The red is good fun though and we stuck to that one after a couple of blue runs.

jekkyl

round ones.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Ridden South Wales on everything from small block 8’s to Trailraker’s and NEVER (am I really saying this ?) had a puncture or grip problems at any time. Whatever you’ve got on just go with it.
    By the way, I went one year on a brand new Norco that came with ‘stupidly high tyre pressure’ that shops like to do ??? And even that was great ! Just enjoy….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for… Wales and near-Wales’ is closed to new replies.