• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What tyres for my new BFe build.
  • jmatlock
    Free Member

So, I have a Large BFe just about to be built up with Xfusion Sweeps, m7000 SLX and Hope Enduro wheels.

Paul at Cotic said I can run up to 2.4 rubber on it.

I was previously running Specialized Ground Control F/R but fancy something a little bigger. I was hoping for a all year round combo.

Trails I ride are woodland rather than rocks/exposure.

honourablegeorge

Hinion DHR2s front & rear

mboy
    Free Member

Schwalbe Magic Mary Front, Rock Razor rear. Can’t stress how good this setup is so far, even in conditions where the rear just shouldn’t work it seems to!

jmatlock
    Free Member

£40 an end! Jheeze.

alexxx
    Free Member

spech butchers front and back 2.3 I run them on my capra all year round

JAG

Just fitted my BFe with a pair of Schwalbe Hans Dampf and I’m very happy thus far 🙂

momo

If you’re happy with spech tyres then Butcher front/Purgatory rear is a good combo, have been running this on my BFe for the last 3 years although currently have a Slaughter on the back for added speed!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Minions – DHR and DHR II/ Semi Slick.

Mine set up tubeless well and have been holding air like champs. They size up pretty well too compared to previous Maxxis tyres.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

2.3 Spesh tyres size up slightly small, certainly much smaller than the 2.35 Schwalbe’s. Minion DHF front and pick any from HR2/ DHF/ DHR2/ Aggressor/ Ardent on the rear, depending how much sacrifice all year actually means…

EDIT. Just read you ride woodland stuff rather than rocky stuff; I’ve just switched to Maxxis Aggressor front and back and really happy with them.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Also interested in this as I keep ripping knobs off (ooh er missus!) the new Nobby Nics, looking for something with similar grip and weight.

What compound is best for Spesh and Maxxis tyres?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Also interested in this as I keep ripping knobs off (ooh er missus!) the new Nobby Nics, looking for something with similar grip and weight.

What compound is best for Spesh and Maxxis tyres?

I run a 3C grippy job on the front and a harder compound on the rear.

wl
    Free Member

Can’t fault the Minion front and High Roller rear on my new P7. Not the lightest, but feel and grip are phenomenal. No punctures or burps either, after a lot of rocky riding.

nickc

vittoria Goma

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for my new BFe build.’ is closed to new replies.