Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What tyres for london based cx racing?
  • tom84
    Free Member

I was thinking about doing a bit of cx this year. I want to run clinchers on my budget build kinesis cx bike and am thinking tyres. I imagine it gets very muddy… anyone know a solid allrouder more geared to muddy conditions?

Was also thinking of upgrading, should i get into it, with those DuraAce tubeless wheels and trying to run them tubeless for cx as well as for road (obs different tyres for road). What do you think of this idea?

Lastly, I am loving the bike so far but wondered how good i should expect the brakes to be, at the moment my tektro frogslegs type ones are amazingly bad.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If the wheels are road only I wouldn't risk them in the work of CX.

aP
    Free Member

Everyone uses road wheels, it's just whether you're prepared to go through a pair of expensive wheels every other year. I've just had a pair of ambrosio nemesis built on record and will be using Tufo flexus cubus 34s for the 3peaks then for the cross season.
    I've always liked Michelin mud tyres but have recently been using panaracer crossblaster which have been fine for riding at leith and holmbury.
    As far as brakes go it's all about the straddle cable length and angle. There's loads of info out there.

tom84
    Free Member

thanks ap

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for london based cx racing?’ is closed to new replies.