• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rone.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What tyres for DW FLUX?
  • organic355
    Free Member

After some new rubber, as the nobby nics are very skittery and don’t inspire confidence. Was looking at the hans dampfs in 2.25 as turner state max is 2.2.

Any other recommendations for a 2.2 ish tyre?

Mainly for Scottish conditions, trail centres and some cc routes, wet, rooty, rocky, boggy, forest trails

jimjam
    Free Member

Spesh Purgatory and Butcher combo for a food mixture of stuff. Look at Spesh Storm or Maxxis Beaver for sloppy muddy conditions.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My rubber queens that I run in my 26 Flux are 2.2 and I compared them to some 2.4 Bonty XR4s the other day and they seemed about the same width, so I would imagine they would fit.

I think the XR2 is a good tyre and maybe less gnar.

I had my Bonty Mud-Xs on at the weekend and they were more sure footed than my rubber queens in the slight mud at Torq 12:12.

Had Maxxis Ignitor 2.1 and they were good but narror, maybe a 2.3 would fit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    The-Beard

wet, rooty, rocky, boggy, forest trails

That’s the conditions I think my NN’s are great in! I run UST ones at a low pressure and they’re great. UST might have a stiffer sidewall though which may make them feel less skittery.

nuke

Reckon a Smorgasbord would do well for what you’re asking…cheap as chips so if you dislike it, its not a big deal. Work easily tubeless as well…decent sidewall thickness. Hans Dampf front & Smorgasbord rear is what I run on both my bikes

dickie
    Free Member

I ran Conti X-King 2.2 ProTection on mine – great all round condition tyre.
    I have a one ride old pair for sale if your interested – email in profile. (And I chuck in a pair of mud X for free)

rone

I have a couple of setups on my flux 27.5 – x-king 2.4 front 2.2 rear. Plenty fast and decent grip. Put a 2.2 x-king on the front if no technicals but 2.4 okay.

Swap to Hans dampf for Alps and super knarly but 2.4 x-king is best compromise so far.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for DW FLUX?’ is closed to new replies.