Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What tyres for……..
  • bigsi
    Free Member

riding on. 😉

Must be 29er summer tyres with a thicker tyre wall as I'm no weight weenie.

Doesn't need to be tubeless ready but if it is its a bonus.

Has Spesh The Captains at the moment and really like them but keep ripping the tyrewall as its so blooming thin 🙁

I'm not paying more than £35 each so Nobby Nics or Racing Ralphs, unless anyone can suggest somewhere that has them cheap, are out and i think their tyre walls are quite thin anyway 😕

Anyone ?

luked2
    Free Member

Perhaps someone who knows what they are talking about can offer better advice on 29er tyres. All I can say is I've got a Maxxis Ardent 2.25 on the front, and a Crossmark 2.0 on the back.

They come up to the stated size, seem reasonably fast (but I've nothing to compare against other than 26" tyres) and are sensibly priced. Work tubeless with a track pump on Stan's rims. I managed to tear the sidewall on a Crossmark, but I couldn't say what did it. They've survived the Chilterns without any problems. I'm not the lightest rider around. They are black, and made of rubber.

Were you using the Spesh Captain "Team" or "Control" ? The latter are supposed to have tougher sidewalls (but also seem unavailable in this country).

bigsi
    Free Member

Cheers for the in put, good to know someones using tyres on their 29er 😉

The Captians i have are from last summer and are the Control ones, good in the dry on most surfaces its just the walls are the thinist I've ever come across 😯

Clink

Crossmark rear here no probs so far. Michelin AT XC good rear, quite tough. Try one of the new bonty tyres – look good.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ask Ton(y)

He rides a 29er, and somehow manages to make it look like a normal wheeled bike… 😯

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for……..’ is closed to new replies.