Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What tyres for 26" hardtail Luddite?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Looking to lighten and brighten the ride on my old Soul. Wheels are sorted, but need something to wrap them in.

Used mainly for easy blue and red trail centre riding and local bridleway bashing. Strictly wheels on the ground. Clearance for 2.2-2.3 width, but want grip on a variety of surfaces, light weight and good puncture resistance. (Luddites don’t do tubeless!)

iainc

Specialized Purgatory’s on mine, good allrounder and well priced. Also have nobby nics but they don’t get used much.

kilo

Geax Saguaro or barro from on one. Have the Saguaro in 650b format, lovely tyre and the 26er are cheap

superleggero
    Free Member

Kenda Small Block 8 is a great tyre for the type of mixed surface riding you describe. Comes in 2.1 and 2.35 widths and is fast rolling and hard wearing. May not be the best for sloshing around in mud in deepest winter but otherwise work really well for me – am also a strictly wheels on the ground rider.

nickharv

Nobby Nics for me at the moment on my Soul. Have found them perfect for the summer.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m sure there’s plenty going cheap on the on-one site, got some furious freds and smart sams evo’s for a good price

kerley
    Free Member

I am liking the Conti X King protections. They are fairly light for size, roll well (even on the road) and grip well on less challenging terrain. Can’t comment on how puncture proof they are with tubes though.

jam-bo

superleggero – Member
    Kenda Small Block 8 is a great tyre for the type of mixed surface riding you describe. Comes in 2.1 and 2.35 widths and is fast rolling and hard wearing. May not be the best for sloshing around in mud in deepest winter but otherwise work really well for me – am also a strictly wheels on the ground rider.

And I happen to have a set just about to sell. 26″, 2.35, Tomac specials. Dual compound, barely used. Email me if your interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for 26" hardtail Luddite?’ is closed to new replies.