Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • What tyres for…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

…my newborn daughter’s pram?*

Born just before midnight last night, and utterly, utterly beautiful. Mother and baby are recovering well, after a fair old time of it to get here!

😀

Everything I thought I knew about the words “tired” and “happy” was wrong. It is possible to be more tired than you can imagine, and it is also possible to be happier than you can imagine. It’s been very dusty around here, I can tell you. Very dusty indeed! Taxi driver this morning looked at me and said, “You look like a bloke who’s just won the lottery or somthing!”

I smiled, let another tear drop down my cheek and replied, “No. Even better than that…..”

😀

*I was thinking of fitting some nice classic Tioga Comp IIIs, but then I found out that Mrs CFH had chosen one of those niche wheel sizes, so that’s out! 😉

wwaswas

congrats 🙂

My son is 16 today. I can still remember holding him for the first time and looking into his eyes.

Great feeling.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have you got her name down for Roedean yet?

jam-bo

It is possible to be more tired than you can imagine

yes. you can get more tired.

Stoner
    Free Member

yes. you can get more tired.

oh yes +1111111111

Cheltenham Ladies College shirley? Cant beat the greenfly!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CLG? Roedean! How dare you cast such aspersions on one so young! 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

Congratulations flashy! 🙂

wwaswas

This was first broadcast around the time my son was born and made a big impact;

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/rwanda/todaniel/

My dear son, it is six o’clock in the morning on the island of Hong Kong. You are asleep cradled in my left arm and I am learning the art of one-handed typing. Your mother, more tired yet more happy than I’ve ever known her, is sound asleep in the room next door and there is a soft quiet in our apartment.

Since you’ve arrived, days have melted into night and back again and we are learning a new grammar, a long sentence whose punctuation marks are feeding and winding and nappy changing and these occasional moments of quiet.

ThePinkster

Congratulations Captn. 😀

deluded
    Free Member

Well done Cfh.

yossarian
    Free Member

Congratulations Captain, all the best to you and yours 😀

That feeling never leaves by the way, i get the same surge of love, pride and euphoria whenever I see my lads (4 and 5)

I am quite exceptionally tired though, no amount of sleep now will make up for it. 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Good job!

edlong
    Free Member

Congratulations, you lucky thing.

shifter
    Free Member

Congrats. Well done Mrs Flash!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Congratulations 🙂 Tired… it’s only just begun!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blooming well done Sir (& Madam, & Baby)

” gives a round of clapping”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blooming well done Sir (& Madam, & Baby)

” gives a round of clapping”[*

ourmaninthenorth

Congratulations indeed!

Name?

(BTW the surge of love gets greater as the days and weeks pass – Lil Ms North is now 2 and there’s still nothing better than huuuuuuuge hugs with her and Mrs North)

Leku
    Free Member

Well done. Here is your new best friend.

Kryton57

Congrats CFH, when I’m drinking again I shal have a MG XO on your behalf

It is possible to be more tired than you can imagine,

Give another 3 or 4 weeks… but its always worth it 🙂 and it all gets forgotten when you have those “first’s” moments of which there will be many….

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha this is great news, congratulations to you both. Wishing you all the best.

Coyote
    Free Member

Congrats. Well done Mrs Flash!

Does Gingerflash know 😯

Well done buddy, didn’t even know there was a Mrs. CFH.

Enjoy these early days, they are very precious and irreplaceable. After that, it just keeps getting better*
    *until teens, then it’s a different story 😕

wwaswas

Enjoy these early days, they are very precious and irreplaceable. After that, it just keeps getting better different

ftfy 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Congratulations!!!

Use the search feaure for “What Balance Bike” “What tagalong” “Are islabikes really worth it” etc and enjoy a whole new world.

My youngest son is just 3 months old, getting to the smiley giggley stage and has just discovered that if he sticks his tongue out at the boy in the mirror, he’ll do it right back. Masses of fun!

juan
    Free Member

Did I miss something? Congrats though 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

ben
    Free Member

Congratulations Cap’n.

When are you next in SG? Looking forward to wetting the babies head with a Taiwan beer and a Din Tai Fung dumpling or 10. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

cynic-al, you win one whole internet! 😉
    Ben, might be in Jan. Will hold you to that beer and dumpling offer!
    And to all, thanks for all the notes above! 🙂 Home for a bit of a washing machine fest, then back to hospital a little later. Might treat myself to a beer when I get home! Oh, and there’s always a bottle of XO! A goodly nip of which was taken at some silly hour this morning when I came home to sleep.

RustySpanner

Hearty congrats to all of you.

Her lifetime Labour Party membership is in the post.
    No need to thank me. 🙂

davidjones15
    Free Member

Congratulations, I shall raise a glass of Rioja tonight to wish you all good health.

Houns

Well done for having sex

RustySpanner

I think this is his first child Houns, just five to go.

lodious
    Free Member

Congratulations, I trust your weening her on a puree of pan fired sea bass with a rosmary jus 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fáilte Bábóg O’Flashearty!

Great news! 😀

luke
    Free Member

Congratulations

khani
    Free Member

Congratulations 😀

I trust your weening her on a puree of pan fired sea bass with a rosmary jus

😆

Sandwich

Congrats and the answer is Conti Vert Pros!

djglover
    Free Member

Well done!

You will receive some unforgettably stupid advice as a new parent, so here is some from me

Father to a son, one prick to worry about
    Father to a daughter, one million pricks to worry about

Enjoy 😉

scaredypants

well done, Lady Flasheart (and the cap’n too, a bit !)

take some pics of your bikes for your phone wallpaper, so you don’t comnpletely forget them

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for…’ is closed to new replies.