Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What tyres for……
  • dangriff
    Free Member

……Mondeo ST TDCi. I didn't like the quote for £800 from Ford!

Usual mileage 20k/year mainly motorway weekdays, or town with family weekends. I don't drive fast or hard, and rate wear, safety in the wet, low noise/economy as priorities. Budget around £450-550 for the four.

Am considering Hankooks at £510. Any comments? I don't want to consider budgets, as the ones on there at the moment grip like teflon, despite lasting 20k.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Conti SportContact 3s. £130 a tyre from Event mobile fitters (approx) I do drive hard and fast.

dangriff
    Free Member

Bu66er. Event don't cover Cardiff.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Try another mobile fitter then… cheaper as they save on overheads.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Falken ZE912 come in quite well priced and are a very good mid range tyre with good reviews.

Been on my mrs bus for over 2 years and still faultless.

Size??

bigbloke
    Free Member

As an approx size….

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

Don't know Mondeo's tyre size sorry.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Find somewhere selling uniroyal rainsports or rainexperts – brilliant tyres and usually around 40-50 quid a corner. As good if not better than the sport contacts I had on and they were £120 a corner.

dangriff
    Free Member

Size is 225/40 ZR18 Extra-Load

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ah ridiculous size tyres, they're going to be £130 a corner + fitting then, even for half-decent tyres.

dangriff
    Free Member

coffeeking, indeed a ridiculous size – not through choice. Ever tried driving over potholes with them? No wonder my back is knackered.

RustyMac

Black circles,

Pirelli P Zero Nero 111 each fitted, at a local centre of your choice, I know quite a few people who have these and really like them, price is not to bad for what you get. lots of good reviews in black circles too.

Cheers

Rusty

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for……’ is closed to new replies.