Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What tyres are you running on your Anthem?
  • JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have a Giant Anthem X with Roval Control wheels,currently running them tubeless with a Nobby Nic 2.1 Evo on the front and a Racing Ralph 2.1 Evo on the rear.

I am considering a tyre change,possibly going up to a 2.25 either front only or 2.25 front and rear.

I quie like the current combination,in terms of its balance ofall conditions grip/weight but wondering if there is another combination I should consider.

Looking for something with similar characteristics in terms of weight and speed,but with a little more volume.

Was thinking of trying a 2.25 Rocket Ron on the front with the exsiting 2.1 Ralph on the back to start with but interested to know what others use.

Bike used mainly for XC but with the odd trip to a trail centre.

andydicko
    Free Member

I use 2.1 Rocket Rons front and rear, grip is fantastic, but possibly need something a bit wider for the rougher stuff

ChrisL

My Anthem currently has 2.25ish Specialized The Captains on it. I think they’re the Control model – not the S-Works one, anyway.

They haven’t killed me yet, seem a bit grippier than the 2.0ish Crossmarks that they replaced, it still seems like a fast bike with them on.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

2.25 front and back of NoNi and RaRa.

Simple – don’t mess about with a combination that works. That’ll get you up and down pretty much everything.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve got Nobby Nic 2.25’s front and rear. Great in the dry, but on some of the real slopiness of late the front end has been fun!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Thanks for the input chaps.Think I`m going to get another RR and an NN both in 2.25 which gives me a few combinations to try,eg:
    2.25 NN front and 2.1 NN rear,2.25 RR front and RR 2.1 rear,or 2.25 NN front and 2.25 RR rear (in the TL versions.)

Was thinking Rocket Ron but slightly nervous about them being deemed race use only to use them at a trail centre……..

Any good bargains or should I just go on bike-dicount.de?

transapp
    Free Member

I’m running 2.25 nn snakeskins in mine, I ride lots of very steep stuff so like the additional knobblies for getting up and braking on the way down. I’d swap to a 2.25 rr for racing or bone dry, not so steep stuff but otherwise I live em.
    Do have a set if mud x’s that I chuck on for real slop though (which I really ought to put on for the morning!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What tyres are you running on your Anthem?’ is closed to new replies.