Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tyres are easiest to fit to DT Swiss rims?
  • RustyMac

Right I have a nice set of Hope Hoops with DT Swiss 5.1 rims, currently these have a pair of Michelin Tires on them which are a complete ball ache to get on and off. Got a snake bite today and snapped a tire lever trying to fix it at the local trails, took the bike to the shop for them to do it and even they struggled.

These are popular wheels so what tire combo works best?

Was thinking along the lines of Maxxis Ardent’s or Continental Rubber Queens.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

recently snapped 2 tyre levers trying to get a wire bead maxxis crossmark on the rear of my Pro2/DT 5.1. 🙄

maxxis dy-no-mite fits fine, as do kevlar bead maxxis minion DHs, so its not even manufacturer specific…

DeMoose
    Free Member

Kenda Nevegal 2.35s fit mine easily and are a corking tyre to boot.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member
    RustyMac

Cheers,

Was also wondering if folding tires were easier or harder to fit. Kevlar v's Steel?

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Well Contis are awful too.

TrevorB

Ardent and Minion, both easy to fit with my hands. Both are wire bead.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Never had problems with any Maxxis or Schwalbe (Kevlar)

MrOvershoot

Are you a full on shiny arse trouser office boy?

Wired or kevlar/folding never had a problem fitting & I don't mean with levers hand only. Schwalbe/Conti/Maxxis/Intense/Bonty/Panracer or WTB tyres from 2-2.5" on DT 5.1 rims?

Only tyre/rim combo I can remember being a struggle were Panracer Category Pro tyres & Campagnolo Moscow rims (bleeding thumbs & split fingers)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tyres are easiest to fit to DT Swiss rims?’ is closed to new replies.