Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What tyre thread – sorry.
  • sv

High volume Maxxis tyre for use at Kirroughtree?

Have a HR 2.35 Super Tacky on the front at the moment, thinking 2.25/2.35 on the rear. But what tyre Ignitor, Advantage, Minion Front, Minion Rear etc…

Thanks.

MussEd
    Free Member

Do you honestly think this will make that much difference to you time spent at this trail centre, that a)you need to seriously consider changing tyres round and b) posting on here for advice?

Am I the only “part-timer” on here who puts on a set of tyres and leaves them until they’re worn out? I don’t race so just accept different conditions as part and parcel.

No need! As Mark and Lard used to say.

richc
    Free Member

what ^ said. More important things in the world to worry about

scaredypants

maybe the current one’s wearing out ?

MussEd
    Free Member

That might be the case so just fit another that you know you like and trust and that will be fine. Honestly.

If it’s that big rock slab your worried about sv, it’s as grippy as **** so any of those tyres you mentioned will be fine.

sv

Indeed the rear tyre has worn out, who would have thought it! As I have never visited Kirroughtree I am looking for some advice on the likely conditions to be found at this particular trail centre and what rear tyre would suit the trail best. Once this is fitted I am happy to ‘leave it until it wears out’ riding my usual trails.

Everybody happy?

MussEd
    Free Member

No

sv

No

Well just accept it as part and parcel of life!

Daffy

I used 2.1 High Roller USTs at kirroughtree and they were great on everything.

I don’t switch between tyres much though, Speedkings are fine for most of my riding.

richc
    Free Member

Like most trail centers it has a hard packed surface so any tyre will be fine. The granite sections are like sandpaper, so tyre choice matters very little.

I would pick what tyre works best for your usual trails, rather than worry about what tyre works at a trail centers as they are built to be pretty much weatherproof.

MussEd
    Free Member

ARGGH! I’ve been there twice the first time I had Spesh Enduro pro 2.25s the second it was Maxxis Hi roller 2.35{42a on front 60 on back} I hope you can draw your own conclusions from this and other information posted by others.

Do post up whatever tyres you decide to go with and let us know how well they perform in the conditions you encounter? You see? Even typing that I was aware of how much of a kinob I’m sounding.

Seriously any of the tyres you mentioned will be fine. Enjoy your trip it’s brilliant fun{especially if you’ve removed the doubt about tyre choice beforehand}

sv

Thanks. 😆

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

sv – we're based at Kirroughtree, and love talking tyres. I ride ignitor 2.35 on fr and cross mark on rear for my fullsuss and hardtail – ignitor 2.1 fr and monrail on rear – and would rec both set ups. Mark, who's a much more agressiverider rides a adent 2.25 on front and an advantage on back – come and chat to us.

cheers

guitarhero
    Free Member

Conti Rubber Queen 2.2?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Conti Verticals.

Cheap and I love em

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What tyre thread – sorry.’ is closed to new replies.