Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What tyre – like a Mud X 2.0 but a bit bigger?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

ie
    * tubeless (Stans Crest rims)
    * 26″
    * good all round, biased to winter conditions in forest (no rocks)

Max 2.3 for my rims I think.

Thx.

rewski
    Free Member

Doesn’t a bigger mud tyre defeat the object? Spesh storm controls are good but 2.0 is largest I think, slightly harder compound than mudx.

chakaping
    Free Member

Swamp Things have a similar pattern but are a lot more draggy and (I think) flip-floppy. 2.35in comes up small.

Friend has just got the Conti Baron 2.35in – seems very happy with it but riding together in muddy Surrey last week I don’t think he had quite the same grip that my Mud Xs had.

superfli
    Free Member

The Storm Control 2.0 is slightly larger than the MudX 2.0 though.
    Maxxis Medusa go to 2.1, but never tried them and not sure on how their sizing measures up.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m using spesh storms, the 2bliss versions are easy to fit tubeless, great tyre. Was riding everything from loamy forest to very wet and muddy bridle paths and steep rooty ups and downs. Better than mudx IMO.

Whyte1
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Panaracer CG Soft Condition 2.1 which are a little bigger than the Mud X and Storm Control so make a better allround winter tyre for me anyway

mattjg
    Free Member

Thx all.

@rewski well yes but in reality I think of Mud X as a ‘mixed conditions’ winter orientated tyre. For full on mud-plugging, and nothing else, a Trailraker would be the tyre of choice, bit that doesn’t reflect reality.

Some of my riding buddies actually ride Mud X all year round.

cnud
    Free Member

Danny Hart can’t be too far wrong with his Schwalbe Dirty Dan’s. Plenty of sizes and versions If you look around. I like em

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What tyre – like a Mud X 2.0 but a bit bigger?’ is closed to new replies.