Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What tyre for on one fatty wheels?
  • bri-72

Must be sensible money and seat ok tubeless on the on one rim. Given up on the floaters never got them to seat well at all.

bri-72

Anyone?

wwaswas

seat ok tubeless on the on one rim

moon on a stick from my own experiences and what I’ve read.

The problem is as much the rim profile as the tyres, the beads just fall off the edge into the well all the time unless you build the well right up with foam and gaffer tape.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trout
    Free Member

Split tube / Laminate flooring underlay works best for my OO Fatty wheels .

Really liking the Panaracer Fat be Nimble tyres though they are a little under the advertised 4 inches wide they roll very well on all surfaces but not as much grip on wet rocks as the Floaters also wear well and I do a lot of road to get to the trails .

Also got one wheel I experimented with a strip of cushion flooring under the split tube to combine rim strip and foam in one product as seen here and working very well too .

bri-72

Cheers have done the insulating foam trick. Front seems to have worked rear no joy. I guess I wasn’t sure how much of the issue was tyre or rim. May try with one another tyre. Anyone experiences of the maxxis mammoth or Schwalbe jumbo Jim?

akira

What size split tube have people been using? I’ve had a few quick goes but would rather be riding than mucking about with tyres.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

What size split tube have people been using? I’ve had a few quick goes but would rather be riding than mucking about with tyres.

I’ve had success with the schwalbe av10d, but I’ve heard you can use the av7d also which may work better as I found the av10d was a little loose on the rim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What tyre for on one fatty wheels?’ is closed to new replies.