Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tyre for Mountain Mayhem?
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Well it has to be done 😀

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Slicks.
    Fast in the dry, and wont clog in the mud.
    Although if the forecast is to believed it will actually be dry on Sat/Sun.
    At Mayhem.
    A Mayhem I'm attending.
    Incalcuable…

snakebite
    Free Member

Dont worry, call in at the Swinnerton tent, ask for Craig, he's got tyres and half price camelbacks galore at silly prices! Mention my name and you may even get a bit of my discount!!!!

bikemonkey
    Free Member

On the basis of a recommendation from a friend, Maxxis Advantage are to be my new all-rounder tyre.

michaelbowden

It's Mayhem, therfore it will rain so,

Trailrakers or Mad Muds

Bedds
    Free Member

will
    Free Member

Well currently got Aspens, however it's raining in leicester now…

FOrcast still looks good for sat/sun, having said that buy sunday it will be muddy 😆 So i'll start on Aspens, and when I don;t have any more grip, swap over!

robinbetts
    Free Member

I've taken off my Maxxis Minions and put on the bike's original Conti Mountain Kings. Don't really know if this is a good idea yet, but rode them in the try last night and they seemed good. If it's muddy could well swap back, or look around tomorrow morning for something else.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

A short summation from a colleague is as follows:

"We went out last night and rode the course. It is nice and an dry with only a few damp spots. These are likely to dry very quickly once a few riders go over them. There is a few nice tight spots in the trees where it is likely to get congested. The ground is also soft where the course is freshly cut. This will compact down and get easier over the weekend. "

So there

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tyre for Mountain Mayhem?’ is closed to new replies.