Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What turn by turn navigation app for iPhone?
  • muggomagic

After an app for my phone that has UK offline maps and turn by turn navigation.

Looking at the app store and they seem to be quite expensive or have some quite bad reviews about crashing etc.

So can anyone recommend one as I don’t want to splash out between £30 – £50 for something that gets me lost. I don’t need an app for that, I can just give the mrs a map instead.

Drac

I got N Drive for mine for £4 or £ when it was on offer.

Seems ok and about as good as most sat navs which means I never use it. That’s more to do with me though then the product I find them useless.

dr_death
    Free Member

I got Navigon which seems pretty good so far. They have it on half price offer fairly frequently, I got the whole of western Europe for £20, so if you are in no hurry then just keep your eye on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    davidrussell
    Free Member

navigon here – its fine although the constant “beware!” when committing the heinous crime of exceeding the speed limit does get on my t!ts a bit. Likewise got it for 15 snaps when on offer. I think there is a free one out called skobbler sp? that needs an active web connection too, but only heard that in passing from a mate

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

used TomTOm and Navigon, no real problems with either.

TomTom dims the music volume to announce turn directions which can be annoying, but its easy enough to turn off. Never used navigon with music.

Once TomTom got confused as to which road i was on, but i restarted it and it was fine. Never had a problem apart from that, and this is on a jailbroken phone with all sorts of unofficial themes and lock screen info pages.

clubber
    Free Member

Yep skobbler’s free and works alright but it does require a web connection

spacemonkey

Been using CoPilot for a few weeks and I’m well impressed. Tis very accurate and reliable, and has plenty of proper sat-nav functionality/settings/options.

I think I paid approx £25.

GTDave
    Free Member

CoPilot here too. Seems good, but has been a bit of a faff getting used to after years of having a dedicated TomTom.

stumpy01

Friend of mine has Co-Pilot on his (shhhhh! Desire) and rates it highly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What turn by turn navigation app for iPhone?’ is closed to new replies.