Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What turbo trainers are you using????
  • will1
    Free Member

Gonna order one tonight but thought I would ask for people's recommendations first. Thanks in advance.

Ed2001
    Free Member

cycleops fluid 2, reguarly used for few years now. Well made, simple to use/set up, quiet,good ride like feel. If I'm being really really picky it occasionally could do with a little more resistance.( it could be an issue if you are a real power sprinter)

Jason
    Free Member

Cycleops Fluid 2 for me too. I used to have a Tacx Swing, but that ended up wearing out after a couple of years of fairly heavy use. Overall the Cycleops is a better unit.

will1
    Free Member

Thanks Ed – Jason
    I am no power sprinter!! So should be ok.

teagirl
    Free Member

Minoura M50 for me, in red. I use it sometimes but my legs hurt so I think I'm doing it wrong. 30mins hard use must be equiv. to several hours of the real thing.

ourmaninthenorth

my legs hurt so I think I'm doing it wrong.

My legs hurt every time I ride a bike..! Mind you, I am usually on the receiving end of a battering from friends who are having an "easy" ride.

the cheapest one from halfords, very simple, easy to use but I use it with my road bike as the MTB knobblies make a real racket.

Coleman
    Free Member

An ancient Elite magnetic thingy. Just been on it and those dammed magnets don't seem to be losing any power! 😐

slimraybob
    Free Member

I use a Jet Black fluid trainer with a slick tyre, very easy set up very quiet but like Ed2001 said could do with a little more resistance, maybe a fluid trainer issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What turbo trainers are you using????’ is closed to new replies.