Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What tunes for my new running / snowboarding playlist?
  • beamers

I’m currently lining up a new playlist to listen to whilst out running and when snowboarding this winter.

Could I have your suggestions for tracks please. Some of the tracks on the list so far are:

Dark Clouds Instrumental – Latch Key Kid (from the start of Seasons)
    Phantom Part two – Justice
    Crystal – New Order
    Hold Tight London – Chemical Brothers
    Thunderstruck – AC/DC
    Into Oblivion – Funeral For a Friend
    Bleed it Out – Linkin Park
    Enter Sandman – Metallica
    If Today Was Your Last Day – Nickelback
    Rookie – Boysetsfire – (From the Whistler bit of Roam)
    18 Candles – The Sessions (from Seasons)
    Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon

Any suggestions of tracks to stick in amongst that look would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

nicko74

Pretty much most of Doolittle by the Pixies. Similarly, about 2/3 of 30 Something by Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine. Always work for me!

beamers

30 Something by Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

Listening to it on Spotify now – Awesome! thanks for the tip.

RustyNissanPrairie

in a similiar vein to the latch key kid track-Sour Smoke by Comets on Fire as played in the etnies/Ruben section;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRgrgf0AwfQ[/video]

CaptJon
    Free Member

You’ve got to have some Fatboy Slim on there. Maybe the B-side to Everybody Needs a 303, Everybody Needs a Carnival

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Ruben is a ‘kin GOD. Remember his section on Road Fools Europe 10 years ago……up there with Taj for street style.

anyways – 1 tune “my name is Jonas”-Weezer. Johan Olofsson’s big mountain section on TB 10. Ridic

(Pulled Apart By horses are off the scale at the moment )

RustyNissanPrairie

4minutes 23s in that youtube link.

seriously, mountain biking really is shit isn’t it? mincing about in quarry’s and riding though a bit of mud, I’d forgotten how much that Ruben vid wants me to hacksaw my Ragley in half.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Not sure how anyone can watch MTB films with some of the amazing snowboard/bmx/skate vids about.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

The original DC MTN Lab video had a good soundtrack.

Quite like the Frou Frou track at the beginning/title sequence, very atmospheric.

I’m glad snowboard videos have moved on a bit from the days of relentless hip-hop and rail sections!

beamers

Some good tunes so far. Carter is coming to an end on Spotify.

Any more for any more?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

New Superchunk album, ‘Majesty Shredding’ is gloriously rocking in a very upbeat way from start to end.

Check it out.

TooTall
    Free Member

Do people listen to music while snowboarding to make them think they are in a video? I never felt the urge to listen to music while boarding – and still don’t when riding a bike. Isn’t the real world enough without augmentation?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

bravohotel9er – Member

I’m glad snowboard videos have moved on a bit from the days of relentless hip-hop and rail sections!

Ha ha …have a Nixon jib Fest vid with Jp walker and the forum boys…..its unwatchable. same trick , then switch, the 180 in , cab in ….then same again on a kinked rail , then a curved rail…all to hip hop with loads of back slappin and super baggy gear.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I tend to have my iPod with me for long lifts/cable cars, but don’t tend to ride with music as you lose the ability to sense people cutting across you/overtaking etc.

I make an exception for the park though, sometimes a little Municipal Waste can provide the encouragement you need to try something silly.

beamers

Municipal Waste – Lordy! I think I would either kill myself or someone else in a high speed massive air combination whilst snowboarding to that.

Running, I think I would have a heart attack.

Thanks for your input though.

That Superchunk is more like it though.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member

Ha ha …have a Nixon jib Fest vid with Jp walker and the forum boys…..its unwatchable. same trick , then switch, the 180 in , cab in ….then same again on a kinked rail , then a curved rail…all to hip hop with loads of back slappin and super baggy gear.

When I was younger I was quite into the whole Forum thing, but years later I was in a bar in Chamonix and ran into JP Walker and his entourage…

Never have I met such an industrial strength, ocean going, top of the class, weapons grade prick in all my life…..and I’m a frequent user of South West Trains! Really nasty guy, he was being really off-hand with some quite young fans who wanted stuff signed and making derogatory comments about the bar staff and so on.

I see he rides for/co-owns Stepchild now…it’s almost enough to make me sell my Simon Chamberlain 157!

RustyNissanPrairie

Underworld-King of Snake
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODI9qDnt72M[/video]

The Mad Capsule Markets (they’ve done loads of albums) rode with an Ipod on once-at Cwmcarn whilst listening to TMCM, never again-most out of control, flat out run I’ve ever done.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVJnir5sXE[/video]

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

BH – thats makes me laugh. exactly how I imagined him, espec with hangers on.

Went to Burton Open in Livingno few years ago and ended up in the company of benedek and malmi in the bar next to where we stayed. man, benedek was the nicest guy ever and was massive at the time as he had just done first robot food vid and Optigrab.

(saw romian on another night and everyone knew he’d arrived – f’ck me what a fuss……and he could hardly stand he was so wasted- burly rider though)

ocrider

Do people listen to music while snowboarding to make them think they are in a video?

[nostalgia]Whenever I hear Smashing Pumpkins’ Jellybelly, I like to imagine myself straight-lining a long, narrow steep couloir. All whilst being chased by several tonnes of snow like Rocket Reaves.[/nostalgia]

Never worn headphones riding a bike or a board, it just detatches you from reality. Besides, the noise of wind when you’re tanking it is far better.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Dangerdoom – Sofa King, The Mask, Old School Rules
    The Funkoars – What’s Your Malfunction

stevomcd
    Free Member

I go up on my own quite a lot if I’m just grabbing a couple of hours. Often have tunes on – good for chairlifts and hiking and can be cool to drop into something steep and powdery with big tunes going.

These have all been big snowboarding (and bike riding!) tunes lately:

Muse – Map of the Problematique (From Travis Rice’s part in “More”)
    Peaceful Day – from Seasons (Roam?), band name won’t come right now
    The Pixies – Dig for Fire, Alec Eifel
    The Cat Empire – 2 shoes (also from Roam or Seasons)

Probably wouldn’t have the tunes on while riding crowded pistes, but fortunately I don’t have to do very much of that!

beamers

Cheers all.

philconsequence
    Free Member

that Godforbid track from thats it, thats all.

throw on some “ugly duckling” as its always got a good party atmosphere and momentum.

i cant listen to music when boarding, but tried having one ear in on a low volume when riding on the weekend, meant when i was with friends i could hear them, when riding ahead i could still hear nature, but with a backing track… felt surprisingly good and i think it sped up my riding as it gave me a tempo to work to

nickc

can’t listen while running or on the mountain bike, but have to have tunes on the road bike.

RustyMac

What about Phat Planet by Leftfield

plumber
    Free Member

Deeper underground – Jamiraqui
    Outsider – Tommy Shaw
    Amaranth – Nightwish
    Running up that hill – Kate bush
    Abelene – Glen Burtnick
    Ain’t talking bout love – Van Halen
    I can only disappoint you – Mansun
    Love to love – UFO

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What tunes for my new running / snowboarding playlist?’ is closed to new replies.