• This topic has 35 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by devs.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What tubeless sealant do you use?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Stans here usually, buta ny better (vfm vs performance)?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Stans or JRA Wheelmilk here . Disadvantage with Latex based is that they dry out after a few months , advantage is that they work .

RealMan
    Free Member

Another stans here.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

JRA here.

Pieface

I found my Stans dried out after a few weeks, although I think thats more to do with the porous nature of the tyres (Schwalbe FA’s evo / snakeskins)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Stans and lashings of it for Maxxis Single Ply folders as they leech something rotten-I will buy Tubeless ready or LUST/UST once current tyres are dead.
    Tried Bontrager Juice but unless you have tubeless ready tyres and rims its way to thin IMHO.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Art latex with a bit of windscreen wiper fluid and some slime.I went tubeless before commercially available stuff was easy to get hold of,its always been fine and more importantly its CHEAP.

IanW
    Free Member

Caffe Latex recently seems good.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think it’s called Cafe Latte and it isn’t latex based . No idea how well it works though .

rob
    Free Member

Art latex and slime here, works as good as stans but cheaper

bighendo
    Free Member

stans,it works! when i took off my worn out rear tyre there was 3 massive blackthorns in it! 🙂

Pieface

Spread the love…. what proportions of slime and latex do you use and are there any tips you can pass on (as per the point of this thread)

Many thanks

Rorschach
    Free Member

Never really measured tbh.Big splosh of latex to dash of washer fluid to dollop of slime…….ish.

Northwind

Stans and JRA here, both seem about the same but JRA was cheaper

scaredypants

geax – the snotty green stuff wi black bits

(oly me and one other person on here use it – in the whole world!)

RealMan
    Free Member

Nah, think I tried that geax stuff once. It was ok (annoying thing about sealant, if it works, you don’t know it). But I think it was too solid, started wondering how well it could actually work, so I prefer stans (but only in my mind).

mandog

stans.
    don’t like the JRA stuff as is dries out. stans stays liquid

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

JRA. But you need to top it up every 3 months

IanW
    Free Member

Ramsey Neil – Member
    I think it’s called Cafe Latte and it isn’t latex based . No idea how well it works though .
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO

Cafe Latte is what youll get in starbucks. Fairly certain its latex, whatever it is it works well.

IanW
    Free Member

Dooplication 🙂

cannondaleking
    Free Member

joes at mo but have used stans before that anyone else get large latex ruber balls form in theres that roll round the inside of the tyre while riding as had some big ones swapped out a mates tyres in the garage early last week and he had a huge rubber ball thing in his made of stans i keep it as it was that huge will get a pic up tomorrow

personally i prefer joe’s to stan’s (not tried any others yet) as stan’s seems to dry out a lot lot quicker than joe’s

RealMan
    Free Member

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

panda spunk is best!!

timmys

Bontrager Super Juice. It may not work for sealing up sidewalls if you’re not doing tubeless “properly” but if you are it works perfectly well for sealing punctures and doesn’t dry out.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve used stans and Joe’s noflats. both work, can’t say I’ve noticed any difference between them.

njee20
    Free Member

Effetto Mariposa do make Caffelatex (not latte), although it sounds like a posh coffee.

I use Stans, found JRA dried out in a week a couple of times, false economy.

JoeG
    Free Member

Stan’s. Been using it for 6 or 7 years now at least. I top it off every 4-6 weeks during riding season with an ounce per tire. I highly recommend both the Core Remover Tool and Tire Sealant Injector; they make it very easy to add sealant. I usually find several thorns per tire when I put on new tires, I once found one that was an inch long stuck through the tread. Never had any of the latex ball problems either.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone tried the Fenwick’s stuff as seen in WMB this month?

Andy

smogmonster

Another JRA Wheel Milk user here. I also found Bontrager Super Juice to work well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Joe’s as I got a big bottle cheap in the CRC flood sale ages ago.

Works great with Maxxis 1-plys. Lasts ages.

BenjiM

I use OKO Linseal. £8 a litre. Works great, very green.

jedi

mavic and shimano recommend no sealant on tubeless rims/tyres as they corrode the ali. (ammonia)

i use stans 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

Stans sealant doesn’t state that it contains Ammonia, unless it’s added as part of the other 1% trace bits so there would be very little in the slop added to a tyre

Materials Saftey Data Sheet for Stans

Regardless, ammonia dissolved in water does not corrode aluminium unless you go to temperatures above 500 degrees Celsius, or it it has a high copper content (6061 Aluminium alloy commonly used in the bike industry has a low copper content), and even then, the corrosion only penetrates micrometers into the alloy.

(Disclaimer: This dredged from the depths of my mind from a 16 week of materials science course from 1998, my memory my be playing me up again)

jedi

its what they say 🙂

devs
    Free Member

Joes was the best but I couldn’t get it last time I looked. Stan’s in 2nd place but dries out too quick and doesn’t seal as well.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless sealant do you use?’ is closed to new replies.