Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What Tubeless compatible CX tyres?
  • resisted
    Free Member

After noticing yet another split in my Bulldogs, I think it’s definitely time for a change.

I’ve been running Bulldogs for the last year, onto my third lot and to be honest, their wear rate is terrible.

So anyway, I need a Tubeless compatible (or at least a tyre that will seal with a stans kit) ‘Cross tyre (34-35c) that’s going to offer good grip through the woods but also give me a high-ish wear rate on tarmac – at the moment I’m doing a 20 mile round trip commute, 5 days a week.

Any recommendations? does such a thing exist?

nosemineb
    Free Member

I guess the stans cyclocross tyre would be a good place to start. 😀
    Not used them so unsure on the wear issue though.

resisted
    Free Member

I’ve looked at the stans tbh, but if they’re anything like their MTB tyres, they’ll last 5 minutes. Plus I’ve seen condoms with more grip than those!

I think I’m taken with the Conti CX plus, nice thick puncture belt too and tougher durometer rubber but I’ve had plenty of bad experiences with trying to run non-tubeless contis on stans converted wheels. My old speed kings leaked sealant through the sidewalls they were so thin.

redted
    Free Member

Rocket Rons? The book doesn’t say if they’re tubeless ready but I know people who’ve run the Schwalbe non tubeless MTB tyres without issues. going forward it loos like the majority of their pace star triple compound tyres wil run tubeless anyway?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What Tubeless compatible CX tyres?’ is closed to new replies.