Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What tubeless bits to buy? Separates or ghetto or kit?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m wanting to go tubeless but wondering the best way to go about it.
    I’ve got stans sealant I last used a year ago – is this still usable? Can it go off?
    With winter coming I’ll most likely want to swap to mud tyres so is ghetto tubeless easy to re-fit? Or are the bmx innertubes a use once only thing due to the way you cut the excess?
    The valve holes in the rims are schraeder – that a problem at all?

XM719 rims and probably single ply maxxis tyres.

tim41
    Free Member

I’ve re-used ghetto bmx tube rim strips many times with no problems. Clean off the dried, congealed sealant first and they should work out fine. Clean out the valve cores too, as they tend to clog up after a while.
    I would have thought that 1 year old sealant would be OK. Give it a good shake and get it in there. The worst that can happen is it won’t seal very well, in which case buy some new and try again.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Good to hear you’ve re-used tim. In that case, ghetto it is.

devs
    Free Member

The bmx tubes are £2 or something at Tesco. Just make a new one! I have reused them but it can be a pain in the jacksie if you have a really tight tyre. If the sealant looks ok then it will be ok. Give it a very good shake first though.

nixie

Gorilla tape method, is much neater. Just done this on my front wheel. Is working fine so far (717 + Jones XR), done over 100 miles on it now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What tubeless bits to buy? Separates or ghetto or kit?’ is closed to new replies.