• This topic has 65 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by colp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • What trousers for long distance flight?
  • colp

At the moment I’m leaning towards my slightly stretchy Costco jeans.
    The Mrs has suggested “fat bloke” joggers but I do have some standards.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Stretch jeans, see other thread 🙂 ps. don`t throw the towel in and opt for joggers, seen many a good lad fall by the way side and into jogger heaven 🙁

mark90
    Free Member

Craghopper Kiwi’s are my go to choice for travelling. Comfy, secure pockets, smart enough.

olly2097
    Free Member

Joggers ftw

mark90
    Free Member

If you’re going to go for joggers pair them with some crocs to show you have completely given up and are beyond redemption 🙂

IHN

Craghoppers (or, prior to that, North Face) action slacks as above.

avdave2

The Mrs has suggested “fat bloke” joggers but I do have some standards.

If you’re going to go for joggers pair them with some crocs to show you have completely given up

Well clearly if the op hasn’t given up on himself his wife most certainly has.:-)

freeagent
    Free Member

My boss wears Joggers on business class flights, however he is from Dagenham.

benp1

If you have to ask, you’re flying in the wrong class sir

You should be given a set of clothes to change into for the flight

technicallyinept
    Free Member

An advert for maternity jeans popped up on facebook. They look so comfortable.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

My lesson learnt from “the red wine incident” is make sure you wear trousers in a colour that won’t show stains.

garyfisher
    Free Member

Some planes seem to be overly warm so shorts can be a comfortable option

BillOddie

Joggers/Stretch Jean and bum bag FTW!

matt_outandabout

I hear that the right shoes are more important, eh flashy?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

monkeysfeet , wrong wrong wrong, £140 and 6 sold ,WTF is the world coming to. Shakes head!!

rocketman
    Free Member

Troy Lee baggies so other passengers know you’re a force to be reckoned with

z1ppy

Longhaul? Would teamhurtmores incontinence underwear more useful?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Joggers – dress them up with some smart shoes and a hat if you’re the captain

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ Matt!

Just wear whatever you normally wear.

Unless it’s a suit. People who fly long haul in a suit are asshats.

chilled76
    Free Member

Stretchy shorts and flip flops. Even if flying to Russia!

rone

Always shorts for me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wear something you’re comfortable in, you must know what that is without having to ask.

jonnyboi

crotchless

paulhaycraft

Keela Peru

Look reasonably smart. Have one cargo pocket for stuff. Lightweight and slightly stretchy.

paulhaycraft

My boss wears Joggers on business class flights, however he is from Dagenham

Pyjamas, surely!

theteaboy
    Free Member

Some of those fancy Hebden Bridge pants, surely?

footflaps

I normally wear shorts….

I never understood flying long haul in a suit, and tie etc, but you see plenty of it about.

garage-dweller

If you’re in economy anything you like as you’ll be uncomfortable anyhow. I tend to go for cotton cargo trousers.

epicyclo

Definitely cargo pants/trousers. Preferably with zipped pockets. Means all your valuables and papers are on you.

atlaz
    Free Member

Onesie… make you look comfortable.

Alternatively just something comfortable. If I’m flying long-haul for work, depending on the destination I either wear shorts or jeans with trainers and usually a tshirt or jumper. I also usually have a change of top in my hand luggage just in case of spillage.

kcal

Beyond a certain level of scruffiness, though, and – IME – you may be selected for customs searches, certainly seems to happen to me a lot!! maybe I just look wild eyed and knackered after flights to Oz and back…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Fighter pilot flighsuit, spend entire flight talking shit about the aircrew.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Two choices really. Cargo / hiking trousers for all the sealable pockets for everything up to boarding. Makes that bit easier. But for flight, linen for comfort. Given that it is long haul? Sacrifice the boarding convenience for flying comfort. Go linen

nicko74

Kilt/ sarong is where it’s at. Given you’re sitting for however many hours, anything with a gusset/ crotch is going to ride up and inconvenience the plum area.

Or, if you simply can’t handle that, those Thai massage trouser things that grungy backpackers wear.

tang
    Free Member

Hitting turbulence in the toilet with beige chinos makes for a tactical retreat to the safety of the chair and blanket. Rookie error standing on my part, especially over the Caspian Sea where it always gets bumpy.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

asshats

– do these go with the chaps?

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

My boss wears Joggers on business class flights

But there are joggers and there are business class joggers

I’d put a PSA for the 35% off up but want to make sure my two pairs (one for outbound, one for home) arrive first.

zippykona

Don’t they give you a sleep suit when they make your bed up?

Flaperon

Who gives a toss what you look like?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What trousers for long distance flight?’ is closed to new replies.