Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What travel fork for a Chameleon frame?
  • rhid

I have recently built up a chameleon frame but need a bit of input regrding the fork!

What travel fork are you chameleon owners using?

The frame I have is the 05-06 version so will take up to 150mm. I was thinking of a 140mm fork (without travel adjust).

Any comments from anyone with experience will be very much appreciated!

Ta

rhid

nickc

I use a Thor at 140mm, it's pretty much spot for most stuff, Used a Reba at 115 for more XC stuff.

TheSwede
    Free Member

140 dual air pikes here. Perfect and still climbs well.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I use Pace RC41 Fighters, 150mm travel, they lock down in travel to lower the front end if needed/wanted when climbing. They seem to work really well with the frame geometry.

Lemurian
    Free Member

Manitou Minute 130mm. Also used 140mm pikes and that gave good geometry too.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

i run some pikes on mine, up to 140mm travel and its quite sweet.
    i did run my 160mm zocchi 55's on there for a bit, that made it quite slack at full travel, was good fun though.

goog
    Free Member

160 bombers on mine ….. the bigger the better IMO

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Running 130mm rev's, no travel adjust. Seems fine for pretty much everything.

Tried some 160mm Marzocchis (tall for their travel) and it was a bit too slack for me, even going downhill. they had travel adjust and i found them ok at around 120-130 though.

If i bought some new forks, it'd be Rev's again with blackbox damping, maxle and 140mm travel (no u-turn).

gazc
    Free Member

i've got recons set at 100mm in singlespeed mode! 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What travel fork for a Chameleon frame?’ is closed to new replies.