Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • What trailsy ti 29er HT?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah I saw your vid, it added fuel to the fire. I rode a friend’s FF29 too, too harsh for me though he did have his tyre and fork pressures very high.

rewski
    Free Member

I was originally looking at the Chromag Surface, limited custom builds by Dekerf, very nice. You do loose alot of £££ in shipping and exchange rate though.

martinh
    Free Member

$150 shipping. Don’t think I’ll mention how much duty I paid in a public forum

mattjg
    Free Member

how much should you have paid? 😆

hummerlicious
    Free Member

@rewski my mate has a Surface, very nice indeed B-)

jameso

New ti 29er Commy looks nice. Edit, says 29″ on the site where the pic was, but looks like it may be 27.5. Dunno.

mattjg
    Free Member

It does, yeah looks like a 650b by eye, never yet ridden a 650b, must do sometime. But I think for this bike I want a 29.

Black cassette is presumably the “cheaper” XX1 groupset.

mattjg
    Free Member

Just seen a buddy’s new medium Sync in the flesh. It looked smaller than I expected, not a big bike.

rewski
    Free Member

mattjg – just do it 😉 My sync is a large and I’d say the same, every tube has been carefully considered, the geo sits you fairly forward which makes for a lively ride if you want to cane it. What did you think of the detail? I love the clover leaf top tube, tapered ht and chunky disk brake mounts. Did you get a test ride?

mattjg
    Free Member

Yes it looks a well made frame.

Didn’t get a test ride yet. The owner is a couple of inches taller than me (5’10” I estimate) and was happy with the fit and ride on a 70mm stem, he is defo a caner. Several people commented it had plenty of go too.

We’ll see, I’m in no rush, and there is the small matter of fifteen hundred smackers plus parts costs to consider.

I certainly wouldn’t want a small, that’s settled.

dRjOn

updates…the trace suits this sort of bike well…

nicemonkey
    Free Member

This is my latest project. I run a small company specilising in producing titanium frames both custom and off the peg. I built this 29er+ for endurance racing, 12hr events etc.

http://www.traversbikes.com

Candodavid
    Free Member

Plenty of clearance on the back, how long are the chainstays?

z1ppy

450mm for that 29er+ rudy fat, the more standard Rudy is 430mm.

working linky..

nicemonkey
    Free Member

I have made some comparison pictures with the 29er+ frame and normal 29er wheels

Travers Bikes

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘What trailsy ti 29er HT?’ is closed to new replies.