Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What trail pump? Tried the obvious already
  • james
    Free Member

Having had a couple of Topeak (mountain) morph G’s and a Lezyne Micro Floor HVG for stuffing into my backpack, They’ve all let me down.

In the medium term the main piston seals degrade, and they fail to pump properly
    The topeak head is a bit naff not long from new and fails to seal to the wheels valve
    I’ve bought the head/main piston rebuild kit before and it doesn’t get it back to new condition
    The Lezyne screw on chuck (I’ve the older one without the annoying release button) is great, though the guage is hard to read at first and then useless once the numbers have worn off. In use the handle can give me blisters on my palm

Surely a pump should be able to last more than two years?
    Its not even as though I’m using it that much. I use a track pump when I’m not out riding

What else is out there worth buying?

superstu
    Free Member

Not doubting your troubles but find it amazing they’re not lasting given it’s not your main pump, how many punctures are you suffering?!

I’ve always got on so well with Lenzyne not looked for anything else so no help I’m afraid

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have the truflo one that’s like a mini track pump, it’s bloody good.

argoose
    Free Member

link

used for a few years

ratherbeintobago

Now, if only there were a group test of pumps in the latest mag… 😛

devash
    Free Member

Tubeless.

tjagain

Its very rare I use one but I have a halfords mini pump on the tandem and a tiny wee pump ( pocket rocket?) on my mountainbike – both cheap, both still work, both over 5 years old and kept on frame clips on the bike

hainman
    Free Member

I had a bontrager one for years and it’s been awesome
    No where sells it now so might need to try and find one somewhere or buy the new one they have out

Northwind

Truflo Minitrack is like a better Mountain Morph- it’s a telescopic so shifts way more air, and it’s better made. The chuck’s a little fiddly and the gauge is close to useless, but it’s otherwise excellent

(and not in the mag’s grouptest- they tested a different Truflo. Literally every time I’ve seen the Minitrack in a test, it’s won)

takisawa2

Had a Lezyne alloy drive for years. Best pump out there. Seen so many shit pumps over the years. Alloy drive just gets on with it.

RustyNissanPrairie

+lots for alloy drive, used for MTB and daily commuting duties.

Northwind

I had an alloy drive, sold it- it’s really nicely made but doesn’t shift as much air as others and the chuck was a pain in the bum.

jamj1974

I have a Blackburn Kamikaze from 1996. It’s not been my main ‘trail’ pump for a couple of years – but still 19 years with only a replacement of the rubber valve adapter, isn’t bad going!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What trail pump? Tried the obvious already’ is closed to new replies.