Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What trail centre within reasonable riding distance to a train station?
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

I can’t remember what my Penmanchno/Marin time was now. I bet I could knock an hour off it if I did it again though 😉

Oh, do let me know how you get on old bean!

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Come to Stirling and get some real riding in? You wouldn’t need to travel more than around 3 miles before you’re offroad in some of the best riding around and you could camp at Witches Craig Caravan Park, beneath the Ochils and one of the best downhills in Central Scotland.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Llandegla is doable by train (Wrexham) but the shortest road route isn’t great- you spend a lot of time grinding up hills on narrow roads with a queue of impatient cars behind you.

Speaking of trains to routes, good effort from the guys heading off to the train station after the Crickhowell Merida with big backpacks.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

If you want to go to Cwmcarn get the train to Newport then you can get the Ebbw Vale train which stops in Crosskeys (right next to Cwmcarn), or just ride up the canal from Newport which takes about 1/2 hour tops.

barca
    Free Member

Oh my very word. I had plans in place and then he pops up with “I could knock an hour off it if I did it again “! It’s like watching Hollyoaks. You know it’s pointless and you really have better things to be doing but I’m going to have to do the Bwetsy – Marin – Bwesty – Penmachno- Bwesty thing again. I can’t have it, I have to beat it. Gnnnnnarrrggh, it’s an illness! 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

lol

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What trail centre within reasonable riding distance to a train station?’ is closed to new replies.