Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What track pump
  • shanta
    Free Member

Santa has agreed to bring me a track pump this year as i have been a good lad but which is the best. Any reconmendations?

phatstanley
    Free Member

topeak joe blow every day of the week and twice on sundays…

ymmv.

jimc101
    Free Member

What budget? SKS Rennkompressor or Airbase Pro are nice.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Got 2 Joe Blows. They’re both ****ed.

Got a cheapie Wrench Force thing which is older than either and still works fine.

z1ppy

Joe blows are very good had mine for numerous years, and take 2 minuite to service with readily available kits (SJ Cycles) when the do eventually suffer wear.
    I wouldn’t suggest it the best out there, but they are great value.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Nothing to do with wear, both of mine have broken. Not very impressed.

z1ppy

what you doing to them then? Mine over 5(7?) years old, get loads of use & is loads better than a m8’s Wrenchforce (stupidly long handle that has bent/kinked in the middle making it precarious to use).

grum
    Free Member

I’ve got a Specialized one I got free with my bike. Has worked fine for a few years now.

stevomcd
    Free Member

On one of them the plastic cap on top of the lower tube has broken, so it spews its guts out when you try to use it.

On the other one, something is broken in the internal valves, so the handle goes up and stays up.

I haven’t got round to combining the two to make one working pump.

I run a bike holiday company, so our kit sees a lot of use, but even so, these haven’t lasted well.

shanta
    Free Member

Budget around £30…glad the Joe Blows are getting some good comments as it was prob a tossup between the Joe blow Sport,Joe Blow Max II / HP or Park PFP5…

z1ppy

On one of them the plastic cap on top of the lower tube has broken, so it spews its guts out when you try to use it.

Fair enuff

On the other one, something is broken in the internal valves, so the handle goes up and stays up.

Spring in the base.. fixed by service kit.

I run a bike holiday company, so our kit sees a lot of use, but even so, these haven’t lasted well.

I’d spend more on a pro pump then 😉
    I wouldn’t suggest the Joe blow is a ‘proper’ workshop tool, just a good home mechanic tool @ a reasonable price.

Northwind

Can confirm Stevo’s are ****ed 🙂

Mine is alright- feels well made and reasonable quality but the truth is it doesn’t move very much air. It’s slow to inflate and especially not that good for tubeless

So instead, I got a couple of Blackburn Air Tower 2s, which feel horrendously cheap and like they might just fall apart the first time you use them, and overheat comically too, but they push over twice as much air per stroke (without being too long either), which is ace for mtbs. Not that great for the road bike tho.

z1ppy

TBF the best track pump I’ve come across for tubeless is a £10-20 unbranded pump from Halford (a m8’s), it’s the red un.. no idea who long it will last but everyone who uses it, comments on the lack of pumping required.

toppers3933
    Free Member

What ever you decide, dont buy the Park. Its crap.

jambon
    Free Member

Which Track Pump, surely?

Anyway, my Blackburn is eons old and works fine.

Decathlon do really cheap/light ones that’ll fit in the back of a car.

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers jambon, must tell “What car” magazine they’ve had it wrong all this time…lol

tuffty
    Free Member

Lezyne, really well made and very robust. Use it for car tyres too 😉

shanta
    Free Member

Lezyne what?

johnners
    Free Member

My Joe Blow’s been in use for about 6 years with no problems. Just me and my bikes though, no holiday companies being run here.

MoreCashThanDash

Whatever Lezyne fits your budget and your use – the MTB pump only has a gauge up to 60 psi so I got the high pressure road one as I have road bikes.

jambon
    Free Member

Hey Shanta, they have got it wrong – probably some copy write jobby with ‘Which?’ magazine.

No excuse for bad grammar anyway.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

My Joe Blow lasted about 2 years. My Specialized one which replaced it is now about 7 years old and works perfectly.

shanta
    Free Member

jambon – i stand corrected.Good job it’s a thread about track pumps and not grammar.lol

boriselbrus – i take it your JB was an old model though if your replacement is 7 years old?

rhys_gibby
    Free Member

My Joe Blow sport is 10 years old and still works fine. My brother has an SKS Rennkompressor which is pretty darn solid bit of kit!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What track pump’ is closed to new replies.