Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What tool for 105 bottom bracket?
  • DT78
    Free Member

I have a park bbt 9 but the 105 bb appears to be a slightly smaller diameter. The plastic took it comes with means you can hand tighten but not much more.

Is there any adaptor for the bbt 9?

lemonysam
    Free Member

The plastic took it comes with means you can hand tighten but not much more

Is that not on purpose? You’re only preloading the bearings, the pinch bolts hold the crank on.

DT78
    Free Member

I mean the bb cups in the frame. Normally I do this up pretty damn tight on all my mtb builds as I don’t want it moving at all. Park website if I read it right says it doesn’t have a tool for it, standard hollow tech is 44 this bb is 40.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

This is a BBR60? Is the tool not an adapter so you can use older tools?

cp

errr….. your bbt 9 fits the plastic adaptor no???!

crazybaboon

The bb should have a plastic ring, which fits into the bb tool (44) and converts it down to fit (40)
    This is true for 9000 Dura Ace and 6800 Ultegra, so hopefully the same for 105

DT78
    Free Member

I am a numpty, you are right the plastic tool that came with the bb fits onto the bb9 and is an adaptor. Doh. Been googling for half an hour….

crazybaboon

Too slow!

DT78
    Free Member

Would have been nice if the park tool website had helpful said to use the adaptor, rather than no tool exists!

wwaswas

I like this type of thread.

It means it’s not just me that does this sort of thing.

DT78
    Free Member

Well you should have seen how long it took me to work out how to thread the gear cables through the levers. Not obvious at all.

Other than having to tighten the bb, and tape the bars after its test ride, my first road build took 6 hours. Not bad, about twice as long as a mtb build, or trying to setup Dt swis 4.2s tubeless….

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Ha. Got my new ultegra bb on Tuesday. Typed out almost exactly the same thread on here then thought “hang about, I’ll take a quick look when I get home”. Once I got home and realised that I hadn’t made a complete tit of myself I thought I couldn’t be happier.

Then I read this thread… 😀

therevokid
    Free Member

yet another “standard” …. 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

Park make a tool for that BB that fits a torque wrench HERE because you are obviously using a torque wrench aren’t you?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What tool for 105 bottom bracket?’ is closed to new replies.