Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tool do you use to service ks seatpost ??
  • peasant
    Free Member

Hi singletrackers have spent the last 1/2 hour trying to remove the service nut on my ks seatpost and just seem to be doing damage ! I am using thin nose pliers and grips what do you use ? thanks

Ewan
    Free Member

Take the nut off the bottom with a socket. Then use needle nose pliers as a pin spanner to get the bit with all the holes drilled in it off. Grip the shaft (ooo err) with one of those rubber strap wrench things.

yunki
    Free Member

ice axe

parkesie
    Free Member

Northwind

Ewan’s spot on. I seem to remember there was a certain amount of ignoring the instructions involved. Much easier with proper circlip pliars btw.

amphibian
    Free Member

Top tip which I saw somewhere and works a treat – if the bit with the holes in has seized and won’t unscrew, put a screwdriver through the jaws of the needle-nose pliers for extra leverage.

snowpaul
    Free Member

second the nearest bin

Ewan
    Free Member

Pah i’ve serviced mine quite a few times – it’s fine. I used an adjustable spanner + pliers to get extra leverage the first time. Snapped my circlip pliers tho… (just don’t do it up so tight when you put it together next)

Northwind

For everyone who wants to bin it- feel free to send your posts to me, mine is a fine bit of kit 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tool do you use to service ks seatpost ??’ is closed to new replies.